2.25 - Partner in Crime

Playlist :
     Photograph - Ed Sheeran

Alison/Sapphire

     I was a nervous wreck while walking down the stairs towards the hallway. Today is the day I'm going to tell him. I'll tell him how much I love him. I'll say everything I wanted to say from the moment I laid my eyes on him, from the moment I fell for him.

I stopped in front of the double doors that will lead me to him. I glanced at my watch to be sure. Yes, at this time he will be in the library. My heart was beating erratically. All the worse possible scenarios were running through my mind.

'What if he rejects me?'

'What if he's already in love with someone?'

'What if he laughs on my face, thinking I'm joking?'

The latter made me scowl. "No! I can't do it" I mumbled to myself before turning around to walk away but froze when my best friend's threat echoed in my ears. "If you don't tell him today, I'm going to post the video of your drunk self, when you were dry humping a pole and moaning Ian's name." I would've taken her words lightly but I know she will definitely do it, after all, she is my best friend!

With a red face, I turned around again to stare at the double doors. "Okay, Alison! Get your shit together and go in there. You just have to stand in front of him and say 'I like you'. See? No big deal." I gave myself some pep talk and continued to do so until someone cleared their throat behind me, making me jump out of my skin. With a hand on my chest I turned around to glare at the person but when my brown eyes met his blues, my anger evaporated.

When he realized he scared me, his eyes turned apologetic. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you but you were kind of blocking the way and also talking to yourself." By the end, his eyes held an amusing glint in them. All the deep breaths that took me to get my face back to its natural color, was flushed down in the drain after he said that.

"Oh!" Was what my messed up mind came with. He chuckled again and walked towards the doors after I moved out of the way. I covered my face in embarrassment and groaned loudly. "Stupid Alison!" I scolded myself. I took a deep breath again before walking behind him.

The smell of old books and coffee hit my nostrils easing away my nervousness a little. Books, always calm me down.

My eyes roamed around the room with shelves filled with old and new books, to find him. Finally, I caught the glimpse of his white t-shirt that clung to his body. I pulled the corner of my lips upwards before walking towards him to confess my feelings.

I opened my mouth to call him but before I could speak his laugh cut me off. "Thankyou Ms.Colin's. Is there a day when I don't look handsome?" I could imagine him winking at our librarian, judging by the blush on her pale face. Even though Ian was not among the popular crowd, he had his charms that can sweep any girl off of her feet. His blue eyes were just a bonus.

"Not that I remember of." She replied before going back to enter the book he returned. "Today which book?" She asked whilst typing. Ian's back froze at that question making me frown. "No book today." He replied in a curt voice. "Why?" Ms.Colins looked at him in confusion.

"I'm moving away."

My eyes snapped open making me regret instantly as my head began to throb painfully. I moaned and held my head in my hands. Slowly the pain subsided, I opened my eyes and was greeted by the ceiling of my room. I moved my hands but my bed was cold. A confused frown married my forehead. The last thing I remember was sleeping beside my three babies. I sat up straight before looking around my dark, empty room. Glancing at my clock I read the time as 21:36.