Epilogue

Playlist :
Beautiful In White - Westlife

Alison

It was a hot summer day. The kids were with me at home because of the holidays and I was home because I had to say something to Ian but Ian was leaving for his office to attend an important business meeting.

"Come home early," I said while giving his tie a final tug. "Of course. My family is home today. I'll come back as soon as I finish this meeting." He smiled at me and patted my cheek. It's been three years since he started acting like him and me as his, to win my trust back and in those three years, he never touched me without my permission. I never knew he was waiting for one until I saw his hands balled up into fists and were shoved into his pockets with a grim look on his face. When I asked why was he behaving like this, he said he wanted to hug me but was restraining himself. That day I hugged him myself and gave him the permission to satisfy his heart but still, we never kissed. Many occasions passed where I knew he wanted to kiss me and me, him but we didn't, honestly, I'm glad we didn't.

Suddenly I remembered the Christmas Eve when Ian and I unknowingly stood under a mistletoe and all of our family members chanted us to kiss. The thing Ian did really touch my heart, he grabbed Raine and pulled my hand down so we were crouched on either side of her and he kissed Raine's cheek. I smiled and kissed Raine's other cheek.

And that was our mistletoe kiss.

"Bye Dad!" The kids yelled and waved at Ian enthusiastically as he drove away. Ian honked in reply making the kids laugh.

"Okay kids, seems like it's just you and me now," I said.

"Ma, can you bake choco chip cookies for us?" My nine-year-old son, Nathan asked. "Of course baby, you guys can go and play in the backyard," I said. They ran away even before I can finish the last word. I chuckled and went to the kitchen to bake them some cookies. Then an idea struck me. I started preparing some more food. I had to pause in between when Steven called me to talk something about the sites he's visiting to build our dream hotel. I learned that Steven had a dream of building his own restaurant, just like me so I asked him to be my partner when I decided that I'm ready to build it.

Another person that called me was Emily who couldn't shut up about how Siana was being a pain in her arse. I told her that she can drop Siana and Seth here and go off with Drake for a break. It was like she knew I was going to say that because thirty minutes later she was knocking on my door with the kids and two huge suitcases in her hand while Drake waited in the car. The amusing thing was her house is an hour of driving distance away from mine.

Jake and Caleb were married and spending their honeymoon in Hawaii, well they have been there for two months now so I have no idea of it's still considered as 'honeymoon'.

Marie, on the other hand, is in France, bonding with her actual granddaughter. Will, Ian's father is also in France with her. Things were heated when Ian met Will after the incidence and till today they are not on talking terms. Ian didn't blame him for what happened but he was angry for what he did to Samara's mother. He should've been more responsible.

Samara, she was found dead after six months of the incidence. She killed herself because she couldn't survive out there with the police searching for her on every street of Chicago. They even had tabs on the transportation that led outside of Chicago. All the doors were locked for her, she had no choice but to surrender which she wasn't going to.

I shook my head and shoved all those thoughts out of my mind and focused on the surprise I was planning for him. Ian called in and informed that he won't be able to make it by noon and the first time I was happy that work kept him. It was six by the time I finished everything.