Chapter 6- Unstable

You were screwed.

Starting to lose breathe you weakly banged your fists against the smooth edge of the hole, crying the last of your hope away. There was no way you could get out of this. You were going to die of starvation and thirst down here. Unless that clown eats you first.

"Pennywise! Please!" You scream up, unsure if he could even here you or not. "I-I'll never bother you again!"

There was nothing. So you sniffled and slid down the side of the wall, bringing your knees up to your chest and hiding your face in shame. You should've never come here. You should've taken your time off work to see your family, or go on holidays. But instead you were trapped down in a sewer with a manic clown that wanted to eat you, and nobody even knew.

"I'm done for" you mutter.

And that was the last thing you said. At least for an hour or two. You just tried to sleep, and hope that you will still be here when you wake up. But you didn't wake up naturally...oh no. You were awoken ages later by the sound of something hitting the sewer floor very close to you. Your eyes gradually opened, and you were more than stunned to see a rope hanging about a meter in front of you. It took you a second to actually comprehend it...was this Pennywise's doing? Or had someone heard your yelling and come to rescue you?

Either way you weren't going to waste time thinking about it! You flung yourself onto your feet and grabbed your backpack. You thought about your torch that was abandoned on the other side of the tunnel but you thought 'screw it' and grabbed onto the rope. You may not get an opportunity like this again. Whoever had thrown the rope down for you might change their mind.

So you gave it a little tug to check how secure it was, and decided to roll with it. It seemed safe enough. You climbed with all your might up the rope, and it admittedly did take you about four minutes, but you eventually made it. You struggled to clamber over the edge, and you almost cried at how happy you were to be out.

However, you were still at the clowns layer- where the pile of carefully stacked litter and random objects were. Only this time there were red balloons scattered all around the place, especially towards the ceiling. You thought you were alone, until you saw it. Pennywise was sitting on the stage of the trailer who's front wall was now completely detached, revealing what appeared to be a orangey background of violent flames and explosions.

He wasn't looking at you. In fact he was facing away from you with crossed legs, facing the back wall of the stage. It looked so weird; it was as if he were a sulky child. Has he realised you were here? He must've been the one to throw the rope down, so why was he acting this way?

Now you wished you hadn't made so much noise climbing up the rope. You shivered, hoping that he indeed hadn't noticed you.

Carefully, you snuck past the place where he resided, your eyes glued to the volt like door, which was your ticket out of this hell. Aware of your own breathing you continued, trying to make as little noise as a human could possibly manage. Every once in a while you would look back to see if he had spotted you, but his back was still facing you. It was actually really creepy.

Once you got to the volt door, you were thankful it was still open in the way you had left it, so you wouldn't have to make a racket opening it up. You could just squeeze through like you did on the way in...which was exactly was you started doing. But half way through the process you heard the voice that gave you chills.

"...Don't leave!"

It was different this time, though. The voice itself was still raspy and low, but it was the tone that had struck you as a surprise. It was desperate and needy. Which actually confused you...what was happening now? Was he tricking you? Luring you? Taunting you? It sounded pretty convincing.

You turned your head around to see the clown with his back still turned to you. Surely you were imagining things...you weren't even certain if what you heard was real anymore. But it must've been. You can tell the difference between real and what is in your imagination. Not only did you hear it but it carried a faint, short echo behind it- a detail that no imaginary voice would conjure.

Even if he did say it, so what? Surely this was only another one of his sick tricks. He'd violated you, scared you, injured you and pretty much betrayed you. So why was your heart yelling at you to go back? It didn't make any sense and it was beyond all reasoning, but you found yourself pushing your body back into the clowns base. Your mind whispered at you to stop what you were doing, but your heart overpowered it by screaming that this was better.

It was like you wanted to die or something. Smh.

You crept up close behind him, hesitated, then walked up the small set of metal steps that led to the stage floor. This is insane, this is insane your mind repeated, the distance between you and the clown becoming increasingly smaller. Once you reach him at a distance you are no longer daring to go past, you can't decide what to do next. Do you reach out to him? Wait? Maybe you should just leave?

Argh, this was all so confusing! So being a smart gem, you decide to play it safe and ask a soft question.

"What do you want?" You ask, pretty dumbfounded by how confident and clear your voice came out. The clowns back still faced you, not a muscle moving in his body, which put you in an awkward silence.

"Sit." He demanded out of the blue. There was about a ten second period of hesitation and hard thinking, but you eventually decided to just go with it. You'd come this far, so what's the point in turning back now? Besides, you had no idea how he would react if you did try and turn back. Perhaps it is best to just obey him.

So you walked around him and sat directly in front of him, leaning against the stage wall with your legs pressed up to your chest. You could see his face now, and boy had you forgotten how terrifying it was. But it wasn't as bad now that he wasn't smiling that infamous forked smile of his...and his eyes had somehow changed from orange to an icy blue. So did that have some connection with his mood?

"Do you like it here?" He asks, almost in a whisper. You find this extremely out of character, and it pretty much takes you by surprise.

"I-um." You stutter. What kind of answer was he looking for? You didn't want to make him mad now that he seemed in the calmest state you'd ever seen him. Surely he was looking for something positive, right? "It's...nice?"

He growls then, and his blue eyes darken. In self defence you curl up tighter, but he seems to contain himself this time and does not lash out at you. "Liar" he spits.

"No, honestly I'm not lying!" You say defensively, trying to save yourself more than anything. He grunts at you, so you search your mind for feelings that aren't lies, but also won't anger him. You took a sharp breath, and gave him the nicest thing you could say that was honest.
"Look, if you hadn't endlessly scared the shit out of me for the last couple of hours, I could've taken the time to appreciate this place. I mean, it certainly is...impressive."

At that you look past him and towards the piles and piles of junk that is stacked neatly all around.
"Really?" He queries, and you can see the glimmer of excitement in his eyes.

So you continue. "Of course! How long did it take you?"

"A couple of centuries." He says bluntly, seemingly bored with the topic, even though seconds ago he was practically glowing at the mentions of it.

But that didn't matter. You were more concerned about what he said, not how he said it. A couple of centuries? How old was this thing? Surely he isn't something from this planet, and judging by what you had seen thus far it was impossible. He was some sort of shape shifter that ate humans, or at least their fear.

If not, you would've offered him a sandwich.

{A'N: I FELT LIKE THIS CHAPTER WAS STRETCHING OUT A LITTLE TO LONG, BECAUSE I WANT TO KEEP EACH ONE AT AROUND 1000-1700 WORDS ON AVERAGE SO IT STAYS INTERESTING.

SO I SPLIT THE CHAPTER UP, AND ILL POST THE OTHER PART SOON. UNTIL THEN 👌🏻}

(1539 Words)