1| My First Day

Hey guys!

Thanks for checking out my story. "I Got You" was officially a completed story on May 6, 2018, and I'm so glad you decided to give it a read. It was my very first attempt at Teen Fiction and first person POVs, but I'm very proud of how it came out. I hope you enjoy it!

I guess I should say something about copyright and stuff...blah blah blah. DON'T PLAGARIZE. IT'S A CRIME.

Okay, I think that covers it 🙂. Onto the first chapter! 😃

Have you ever met someone who seemed to have everything together? Perfect house

Have you ever met someone who seemed to have everything together? Perfect house. Perfect family. Perfect friends. Perfect boyfriend. Everything on YOUR "List of Wants", they have checked off. Ever met someone like that? Someone who's life is SO perfect, you'd sell a limb just to be them?

Well, I haven't, but if I did, I know I'd hate them.

Why? Because I could never be them. From the moment I was born, I was destined to live a craptastic life. And let me tell you, craptastic it has been.

I don't know why, but for some reason, life handed me a sorry set of cards, and I don't have any choice but to play them. I would demand a reshuffle, but apparently, that's not how life works. Isn't that just great for me?!

Sarcasm. I was using sarcasm.

Despite everything I had to put up with, I was actually a happy person. Well, sometimes I was. Okay, fine...I was rarely happy these days. The only person in the world that loved me unconditionally was barely around because of work. How could I be happy when he was away and I was left here all by myself?

"Natalie! You should be gone already!"

Okay, so maybe I wasn't all by myself, but besides that yelled statement from my step-mother, I wouldn't be receiving any other words from my supposed "family". So, yeah, I was basically alone.

I checked my watch, to see the time and figured it best to leave soon. I already had on my faded blue ripped jeans, a white cropped muscle tee, and my red Chuck Taylors. All that was left was my hair and makeup.

Looking in the mirror, I decided to wear my hair up in a ponytail. I grabbed a black hair tie, using it to hold the majority of my raven waves in the ponytail, but pulled out some fringe to frame my tanned face; the summer sun was kind to me. I took off my thin, black, circular glasses, placing them on my dresser and put in my prescription contact lenses. With that done, I put on my mascara, top and bottom lashes, and felt satisfied with my minimalist look. Then, I grabbed my black Jansport bookbag and headed down stairs.