|20|

Some people are artist. 

Some themselves, are art.

*** 

I wake up to find myself resting in a bed.

My bed.

The familiar smell of paint and oils hit me, letting me know I'm in a safe place.

What isn't familiar though is the figure in the corner.

"A...Atlas....," He turns his head, looking away from my painting for a brief moment, to turn and face me.

"Is this me?"

I blush, completely mortified, that he's caught me painting him.

"Yes...," It's obviously him.

He steps closer, and closer, making me scoot further into the frame of the bed.

"I didn't realize...that you were this good."

I look away from his face. The room is dark, but I'm able to make out the faint glow from his eyes. There is a vauge trace of shining gold from his wolf.

"Thank you," I whisper.

He's standing before me, looking down at me. His chaos consuming me as he takes another step closer. Surely he can't get closer. But he proves me wrong as he softly sits next to me on the bed, his shoulder brushing my own.

"Why did you paint me?"

I look away from his sunrise eyes.

"Lexie."

His voice demands an answer.

I jump when I feel his finger slowly, trail down my arm.

"Why are you so scared?"

I don't think he's asking me. The question is voiced more to himself. More as a thought for his own mind to turn around and think over.

"You know....I'm drawn to you." He looks up at me then, his finger still gripping my whole attention as he continues his hypnotic sweep of my arm. "I couldn't stop thinking about you today."

I hold my breath as he leans closer to me. 

"Why did you paint me?"

"Because....you're beautiful."

The words leave my mouth before I can think. They have us both blinking at each other in surprise.

"I'm beautiful?"

Something about his tone has me wanting to move away. Something about it is laced with bitterness. Like a poison.

"You think I'm beautiful. Not handsome. Not sexy or hot. Beautiful?"

I gulp nervously back. "I think...you're all those things..." I want to pull the covers over my head, but his blue eyes are holding me captive. Like a predator to it's prey. A deer entranced by a lion.

"I'm not beautiful," he hisses the word out like a threat, and in one swift motion is off the bed, moving towards my painting.

It takes me a second to register what he is about to do, before I hear the tear of canvas.

"No!" I gasp the word, springing from the bed and rushing over to him.

I grab his arm, trying desperately to pull him away, but the work is already ruined.

The canvas lies on the ground, broken. The face of my mate ripped apart by his own hands.

"Why did you-," my sobs are interrupted as he shoves his face closer to mine, his breath washing over me as his every words stabs into my heart.

"I. am. Not. beautiful."

The slamming of my door jolts me as he exits the room.

Softly I bend down and collect the torn canvas. Staring down at the beautifully ruined face. 

I love the comments from you guys

I'm sorry that some chapters seem so short :( 

I honestly wrote everything out ahead of time, and it never occurred to me how short some of these chapters really are until I actually posted them. 

As for the suspense in waiting for updates (hee hee hee), I don't know what to tell you loves. I have a pretty full schedule, and 4 updates a week is generous (eh right?)? I'm not sure I could handle daily updates (I have two other stories I'm working on- I really stacked it all on me). 

But patience is key! 

And I love all of you guys for being so awesome and waiting each day! Thank you for reading, voting, commenting and for just the awesome support! 

Featured painting Artist: Helena Wierzbicki 

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////