Theo Raeken - "I love you, that's my reason"

"Theo, please..." You held onto his shirt as tightly as possible. "Please don't leave me here..." Your voice was shaking a little and tears were rolling down your cheeks. "Please don't leave me at all. I need you!" You raised your voice, but your lips were trembling while the words came out as a soft whisper. "The people here have gone insane and I...I'm scared."

"That's why I have to leave." Theo sounded calm, a lot calmer than you felt, a lot calmer than you were. "As long as I'm with you, they can use you to get to me." He locked his glance with yours and he curled his fingers around your wrists. "You're only human. Without me, you'll be safe."

"But how can I live without you?" You shook your head in utter disbelief. You had your eyes wide open and your heart was racing in your chest. "You're my everything! I need you to be mine!" You looked up at him, but his glance seemed distant, as if he had already said goodbye to you before you could say goodbye to him, as if he had already accepted that the thing between you was over, as if he had already left even though he was still standing here.

"I wanted you to be mine too..." He let out a deep sigh. "But more than I need you to be mine, I need you to be safe and sound." He forced you to let his shirt go and he stepped back from you. "I can't risk you getting hurt, do you understand me?"

A part of you did understand him, but a big part of you refused to even try. You knew that Theo had done bad things. You knew that your friends were not too happy with your relationship. But still, you didn't want to end this either. You for sure didn't want to end it like this. "Don't you see that you're hurting me right now?"

Theo kept silent for a moment. He shifted his weight from one leg to the other and then he placed a hand in his neck. "You and I..." Theo paused for a moment and his cheeks started blushing. "It was selfish to make you part of my world." Theo's lips were forming a straight line, his normally so casual and relaxed attitude was gone completely. "Every time I see you, I regret what I did. I regret asking you out. I regret falling in love with you. I regret telling you what I truly am."

"I don't." You interrupted him while you straightened your back and lifted your chin. "I don't regret anything. I don't regret our first date. I don't regret admitting that I can't live without you. I don't regret being part of your world." You took a deep breath. "Yes, maybe it's dangerous, but that's fine. I wouldn't want to live in a world without you." You licked your lips. "If you'll leave Beacon Hills, I'm gonna come with you."

"Why?" Theo reached for your hands. "You've been born here. You've lived here all your life. With me and everyone else gone you'll be safe here. Why would you want to spend the rest of your life on the run with me?"

"I love you, that's my reason." You took a deep breath. "If you leave, I'll leave with you. If you want me to stay, you'll have to stay too."

"How fast can you pack your bags?" Theo curled his lips up into a slight smile. "There are a few places in the world I want you to see."

"Give me half an hour."