38: waiting.

I have to finish a huge assignment for college that's worth so much of my grade to help me graduate next year, please have patience with my slow and irregular updates.

The look on his face is unreadable, usually I'm quite good at reading his emotions before he even breaths a word. He's just a readable person, that's how he is. Every emotion he presents on his face is easy to understand without any words needed to be said. But for once, I'm getting nothing. Silence is all I have here.

His eyes are dull, the green isn't the same green I fell madly in love with. It reminds me of a sickeningly pale green frog, or a watered down green paint dollop on an artists palette. His usually pink lips were being constantly bitten down on by his top teeth, I was worried he would rip the tissue of his alluring lips.

A deep gnawing emotion stabbed away at my heart as we sat facing each other, silence hanging heavy over our heads like an anchor. The second he arrived at my apartment tonight he was silent, he only told me he went to his mothers as he was needed urgently. That's all I got.

I won't lie, I was rather bitter about his poor excuse. I mean, he up and left so abruptly and gave me no explanation — once again, I was left in the damn dark. He walked away and left me in the shadows, and again I was left to overthink any possible reason for his sudden departure, the manic phone call, and I was wide awake all of last night thinking of anything and everything. Never once did he reply to my calls or texts, which also left a sour taste in my mouth.

"I need to tell you everything that happened yesterday and this afternoon," he sighed. The sun was preparing itself to set, twenty four hours ago he up and left me. Now he's back, and I can't help but worry about what he's going to tell me. I wouldn't have worried at all, but his everlasting silence and distressing stare is slightly concerning. A few alarm bells are definitely ringing in my ears now.

"Start from the beginning. Who was on the phone and what did they want?" I asked, attempting to ease his jittery self.

"It was my mum," he started off, rolling his shoulders back to relieve some of the tension he could feel building up. "Kate stopped by her house to see me."

I felt my eyes widen, almost resembling saucers. He left me yesterday to visit his ex girlfriend? "Is this a fucking joke, Harry?"

Alarms rang in his body as he straightened himself up and worriedly glanced my way. "There's more, it was really important to see her —"

"Did you know it was important when you left me?"

"Well... No, but —"

I sighed and rolled my eyes, getting off the couch immediately and walking away from him. He stopped speaking when I sighed and I felt his blazing green eyes burning into my back. That annoying little angel on my shoulder began shouting stop, that I couldn't fix my problems by ignoring them and walking away. But my stubborn self blocked her out and slammed the bathroom door shut behind me. I didn't want Harry to see my watery eyes, I didn't want him to see how much this situation affects me. Because the truth is, I don't really know why this situation affects me.

The last twenty four hours I managed to distract myself with work and allowing my worried self to sleep. But right here I can't distract myself, I'm not even all that sure what I'm trying to distract myself from.

"Luna?" His voice was so small as it spoke quietly from behind the door. The wooden bathroom door that divided me from the man I loved. I let a stray tear slide down my heated cheeks, practically sizzling on my skin as a reminder that he left me to see his ex. "Sit down."

"What?" I muttered, frowning at the door as if it were him.

"Sit down in front of the door, I'll talk to you through it. Knock on it when you want me to stop speaking and then knock again when I can speak," he told me. I sat down and heard him do the same. I knew he'd sat down as a small pound bumped the door and a hissing from his mouth. I could already picture his sore knee and him rubbing it. "Can I speak?"