Revali x Reader - Crazy

(738 Words)

~

~

"(Name), get away from there before you fall off. I'm not particularly interested in saving you from certain death at the moment."

You rolled your eyes and stepped back from the edge of Medoh's wing. "My hero." You said sarcastically. "But even if you didn't save me, I'm fully capable of taking care of things myself." You were referring to the lightweight paraglider you always had strapped to your back. Revali had it specifically made so that it weighed close to nothing.

"(Name), we both know you're... less than graceful in the air." He said; choosing his words carefully. As arrogant and self-absorbed as he was, Revali wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurt you.

You scoffed at his comment. "What? You don't think I can jump off Medoh without dying?" You questioned.

"(Name)... It's just- you're not experienced enough. Maybe if you had some practice at the flight range, I'd be more confident in your abilities." Revali mumbled softly; meanwhile, you couldn't figure out if you should smile or glare at him. He was being extremely soft with you, and it was sweet. But at the same time, it made you upset. The whole reason you fell in love with this Rito was that of his sarcastic remarks and over-bearing ego.

It's cute sometimes, you thought with a frown. But it's not the reason I fell so hard for you to the point of a headache... I need to put a stop to all this before I get a cavity, but how?

"Love, are you alright?"

Revali's voice pulled you from your thoughts, and you wiped away your frown. "Of course I'm fine!" You lied with a happy smile. You're not fine; at least, not yet. "You say I need more practice?" Okay, the last one to the flight range owes the winner lunch!"

"Wait, wha-" Before Revali could even finish, you ran at full speed; jumping off of Medoh. You had an everlasting smirk on your face as you dived towards the flight range. Your blue champion's cloak slowed you down a bit, but it didn't matter. Turning your head a bit, you saw Revali close behind you. He was slowing down, but he wasn't catching up, either. I must be as fast as him at this point!

As you neared your destination, your right hand snaked around to your back to grab the paraglider. You aimed for the small structure's wooden landing strip and pulled the paraglider so it could catch the air and slow you down. As soon as your feet touched the wood, Revali landed just behind you; breathing heavily. He must've been pushing his limit to catch up with you.

You laughed and asked, "What's wrong, Revali?"

His feathery hands were on his knees as he gasped for air. "(Name)... P-Please don't ever do that again..." He wheezed.

"Well," You squatted down to meet his green eyes. "Don't underestimate me again. I'm not wearing the blue cloak just for looks, y'know. I don't need you treating me like a glass doll. all the time."

He sighed and stood up straight; you did the same. "So that's what this is about" He mumbled; finally regaining his breath.

"Ding ding ding!" You cheered before getting serious again. "Look, you may feel like you need to tone back the witty arrogance, but that's just one of the many reasons I love you." You walked towards him and grabbed his face; pulling it close to your own. "You're smarter than that, so don't be a bird brain, okay?" You said; pecking his cheek.

He blinked a couple of times before he realized you were already walking away. "Hey, wait one moment! Must I still-"

"-Buy me something to eat? Yes." Responded playfully. "Don't worry, you can get something for yourself, too!"

"What? That's not what I- You can't just-" As he tried to get his words out, you turned and stared at him with expectant eyes. Instead of continuing, he just sighed. "You are absolutely crazy. Mark my words, you will be the death of me, woman." Revali muttered; walking alongside you.

You simply smiled and clung to his arm. "But if you die, who's gonna be there to keep me out of trouble?"

"I'd say you're conscious, but we both know you do not have one." He commented.

You giggled and clung to your love even tighter. "Oh well!"