32. STEVE: Stalked

Words: 4K

Warnings: Slightly disturbing stalker-harassing situation and threats, and some language.

Being a Stark isn't always easy. Sure, sometimes it's a blast—it really is. But others, well, other times you're left to the madness of celebrity status life and Tony's crazy world-saving schemes.

Your brother is wild, but he's secretly a saint. Maybe not so secretly now as he's saved the world so many times, but he's also put quite a few people into a pickle, so the jury's still out on the whole "saint" title. Anyway, Tony's pretty great. He's let you move in to one of the apartments of the new compound since summer started. It's your last year in college to get that degree you've been wanting for years now. You're young, but you're not too young, so it's fine to live alone in the city. But who would want to with an invite to room with the Avengers opens up?

That's how you end up here. You've been living in the compound for about six weeks now. It's a lot different than before when you'd just be around every few days. Now these people are becoming your close friends. Nat's one of your favorites; mainly because she's the only one who will watch your favorite movies with you. Sam's a blast and always roasting someone (which you can really appreciate), but Bucky's kinda quiet. The others are all just as great. Especially Steve. Oh, there is so much to love about Steve: probably too much, if you're being completely honest. What isn't to love about Steve Rogers?

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

You pop up higher on the couch to gape at Sam and Steve as they walk in through the living room doorway. "You got me nothing to eat?!" They're carrying bags of Chinese take-away and seem to have enough to feed an army. "You know I love Chinese food!"

Sam throws his head back with a laugh. He comes around one side of you while Steve plops down on the couch to your left. They toss the bags onto the small table. "You love all food, Small Stark."

Steve chuckles. "We got enough for everyone, Y/N." He hands you a plastic fork and a fortune cookie with an endearing blue-eyed smile.

You want to melt.

Alas, you stay intact and take the fork from him. "Thanks, Steve." You glare at Sam as you make an emphasis on leaving his name out.

"I smell Chinese food!" Pietro's voice sings from the hall. He comes dashing in with Wanda and Nat walking peacefully behind him.

"What a talented little nose you have," you reply and toss the boy a packaged fork. He catches it and shoots you a wink.

Nat flops down on the floor next to your feet. You wiggle your knees a part so she can fit between with her back to the ledge of the couch. "Where's your brother, Y/N?" she asks.

"Not sure. I think he was on the phone last time I saw him." You spot a container with your favorite chicken and eagerly snatch it. Sam whines dramatically, as he seems to have wanted that one too. You merely stick your tongue out at him.

"He's always on the damn phone," Clint comments as he slurps some soup.

"Not as much as Wanda," Pietro jabs at his sister for her social media addiction.

"Hey! My Instagram has almost a million followers. I have to keep them entertained."

"You're not entertaining enough for one million people," Pietro replies. He tries to shove Steve out of the way to sit next to you, but Steve won't budge. So Pietro shrugs and makes a joke of sitting on your lap. You roll your eyes and try to shove him off with a laugh. "I, on the other hand, am very entertaining."