Chapter 5.5

*This is really just for backstory, since no one knows who Carrie is.*

Carrie stood in the open field. "Something beautiful...." She thought to herself. She threw her backpack to the base of a tree. Looking up, she was dazzled by the fall colours. She plucked the prettiest ones off the branches and ran out into the field.  She placed them on the ground in a circle around herself. 

She held her hands out and let her mind flex. 

No one knew, and no one would have known that Carrie White had telekinesis; the ability to move things with her mind. She had only used her powers a few times, and each time, it ended up bad. She hadn't told anyone but her powers were what burnt down Ewen High. 

She didn't really mean it; she just snapped. She had set off the sprinklers, electrocuted the floor, burned down the gym, and even blew up the gas. Everyone had died...even Tommy. 

But Tommy was back. It wasn't REALLY him, Carrie knew that. But Jeremy reminded her of Tommy. They were both nice; maybe the only nice people she had ever met. Mama might have liked Jeremy, if she were still alive. No. Mama didn't like anyone.

Margret White, Carrie's mother, was a religious lunatic. She firmly believed that everyone except for her was going to rot in hell. She had don't her best to make sure that her daughter would be up in heaven with her, but this often resulted in abuse, both physical and mental. She had even attempted to kill Carrie for having the powers. Sadly, Carrie had no choice but to kill her own Mama that night. She had stopped her mother's heart, killing her. But no one knew that, and no one ever would.  

They would never know she killd her Mama, that she destroyed Ewen High, that she killed her classmates, or that she had these powers. It washer own little secret. 

Carrie opened her eyes. It worked. The leaves were floating around her in a circle. Smiling, laughing, she pulled the rest of the leaves off the tree with her powers, sending into a beautiful cyclone of red and gold. They exploded in the air, like fireworks. 

She turned around to grab a few more leaves when she saw it.

Sitting up in the tree was a certain tree-loving blonder with a broken arm. Carrie hadn't seen him for the leaves. He was terterrified. So was Carrie. Panicking, she pointed at the branch and let her mind flex. There was a loud crack as the boy looked down at the branch, about to fall.

"Oh not again-" 

And then everything went black.