Chapter Thirty-Two: Trapped In Denial

O my god, I almost hit the publish button instead of the save button arrow thing again when I was working on this yesterday...what the hell is wrong with me that it keeps happening? Anyway, that heartattack was avoided. This chapter gets interesting by the way..

*Trigger Warning*

Lillian woke up to feeling arms around her. She opens her eyes, she looks behind her. Mitch has his face buried in the middle of her back and his arms resting around her hips. Lillian blushes and lays down back into place. 'H-How did this happen?' Lillian thought to herself. Than she remembers that she felt guilty for sticking him on the couch for his sleeping arrangements and her bed is big enough for two people and still have room for a medium sized dog, so she offered and he took it. She feels Mitch move and his grip around her hips tightens.

"M-Mitch." Lillian stuttered.

"Yeah?" He asks sleepily. She hears him gasp and he instantly moves to the other side of the bed, almost falling off in the process. "I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT!" Lillian sits up and looks at him seeing he is clearly embarrassed and hiding half his face in the blankets. Lillian smiles and laughs lightly at him.

"So you like to cuddle when you are asleep....I won't get use to that." Lillian said. Mitch looks away from her.

"Could put a wall of pillows between us or I could sleep on the couch again." Mitch said. Lillian looks at the space between them and than at Mitch. 'He is more like himself...But he has his dark moments where I'll have to cheer him up somehow. I know talking is useful but....I rather make him happy than bring him down. I will talk to him about his depression, but not right now.' Lillian thought. 

"Lets try wall of pillows, I feel bad when you sleep on that uncomfortable sofa." Lillian said. Mitch lays down, Lillian looks at her clock. She gets out of bed. "Mitch, can you put your back to me?"

"Why?"

"I have to get ready for school. So I need to change." Lillian said. Mitch gets out of bed.

"I'll just leave for that." Mitch said leaving the room. He lays down on the couch, pulling his blanket around him. 'It's just like Jerome. I feel happy whenever she is around, but when I'm alone....I feel like I'm back in Canada home alone..before Jerome came to my home. Okay..so I overreacted when Jerome grabbed me, I just panicked. I kept thinking Jerome was gonna beat me to death or start hating me. I..' Mitch thought. Tears fall down his cheeks. He quickly wipes them away as Lillian comes in.

"You still tired?" She asks. Mitch nods. "Well, I'm gonna be late for class, so I need to leave now—"

"I'll manage by myself. Go to class, Lillian." Mitch said.

"You sure you will be okay by yourself?" She asks. Mitch nods. She picks up her bookbag and her purse. "Okay. Text me if you need anything, okay?" Mitch nods. "Alright, bye Mitch. I'll be home in four hours or so." Mitch gives her a small smile and she leaves. Mitch lays down and turns on the TV.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jerome woke up expecting to having Mitch in his arms...but doesn't. Jerome bites down on his bottom lip, his eyes water. He buries his face into his pillow. 'I want him back, I want to apologize...but I don't even know where he is.' Jerome thought.  He heard someone knock on the door, he gets out of bed and opens the front door. He looks at Matt.