Chapter Thirty Eight

No one feels comfortable despite the level of his sufficiency when trouble never fails to knock at his door.At first,Safaa always ignores the fights Zarah deliberately instigates but she got tired.

Hajiya Turai comes to their house more than twice a week just to see whether Zarah is making Safaa's life miserable and whatever Zarah does to Safaa,She makes sure she does it when their husband is absent and Safaa had never informed him,not even for once.

When she had enough of it,Safaa began defending herself extra careful not to spew her emotions to their husband,it's high time she starts standing up for herself.

Ahmad and Zarah have been married for weeks now but He takes care of Safaa like an egg,he calls her countless times when he's not home,brings her whatever she craves,never fails to check up on her during the days he spends his night with Zarah,he goes to Zarah's apartment only after he's sure Safaa isn't in pain or doesn't need anything.

Overall marrying Zarah strengthened their relationship instead of spoiling it.

Having her husband very close to her is enough to give Safaa the strength to fight for their love,she doubts if Zarah even loves him,maybe she got married to him just to help Mama achieve her aim of sending her out of the house.

Safaa's baby bump is a bit visible and whenever you're with her you can easily realise her discomfort,she looks happy but is she really happy?.She rarely visits her mom for she fears her mother can see right through her facade,her Mama and Abidah are the only ones who can read her almost perfectly,even her husband finds it hard to understand her feelings sometimes,she likes caging her emotions a lot.

For that Abidah stays near her,she comes atleast thrice a week to check up on her,to coerce her and get to know the reason behind her hidden pain.

Abidah never liked Zarah so when she comes visiting she doesn't say a word to her,glares serve as the replacement of pleasantries whenever they meet.

Abidah cooked some of Safaa's favorites and happily drove to her house,it's not so far away from her own.She knocked impatiently upon reaching the front door and a plump maid dressed neatly in her well ironed uniform welcomed her.

"Welcome Ma'am"

"Thanks,where's your Madam?" Abidah smiled at her.

"She's inside,I'll go get her if you want me to,where's Baby Shuraim?"

"He's with my mommy,don't worry I'll go get her myself" Abidah handed her the basket of food she brought and strode upstairs.

Safaa was on her praying mat reading the Qur'an when Abidah entered the room.The holy book always soothes her when Zarah riles her up and it's because of the tranquility it gives her that she's not vent out her frustration on any one yet.

"Welcome" She smiled placing the Qur'an back on it's shelf.

"I want us to visit Mommy" Abidah smiled back sitting by the edge of the bed.

"Alright what did you bring for me?"

"Chop chop I won't tell you,you will see it when you go down"

"Fine" Safaa pouted taking her phone from the vanity table.

"Safaa are you okay?" Abidah asked her seeing she's not so giddy about her visit.

"I look like am not okay ko? Maybe it's because of the light headache I had last night"

"Hmm Okay then but you know you can always tell me what's bothering you right?"

...Zarah had the audacity to push me this morning when we met at the garden,it was really a deliberate push and I hit my bump by the gazebo yet she claimed it wasn't intentional,after coming back to my room,I kept turning and wincing on my bed hoping I won't lose my baby because the pain I felt was so unbearable...