Counterpart

Aliana's POV

I'm not a good person, don't mistake me for someone who would want to be your friend. I won't stab you in the back, I'll walk up to you directly and stab you in the eye so you can see it coming.

I looked down at the city below me. Humans going about their day, some returning home for the night or others just starting out.

Looking at them I feel nothing. No connection, no emotion, almost like they aren't there. But as of late there is one thing that I've been feeling. Lonely.

"You would think that I'm not here" Fen said from beside me.

I look at him and give him a small smirk. Fen is my only friend/partner, he is very unique creature, The size of a horse with brown fur covering his body,he is a mix between a wolf,lion and dragon. The dragon part of him isn't noticeable until he gets angry, then his paws and tail erupt in blue fire. Anything that touches the fire instantly dies.

"I know you're here Fen" I say. "But it just seems as if something is missing." I continue turning back to the world below me.

"Do you have any idea what it is?" Fen asked.

"No, but i feel as if something is changing and soon." I say.

"Maybe if you were not so cold and indifferent you would let one of these humans in for more than one night." Fen says looking at me.

I ignore him and continue looking out. Why let them in when I feel no connection to them, no emotion towards them.

"Maybe you won't won't be so lonely." Fen says reading my mind. He's always been able to read my mind and I his, always able to feel what the other is feeling and know where the other is.

A sudden gust whips my waist length black/blue hair over my shoulder. The wind carries a scream of terror with it.

Turning towards it I walk to the other edge of the building and look down.

"Stupid bitch" I hear and then a slap and crash.

"Shut her up" says another voice.

I inhale deeply. "vampires." I murmur.

"Newborns" Fen adds.

"Help, help me please!" the woman screams, pure terror in her voice.

I feel nothing, no need to interfere, no need to help

Then I sense three things moving towards this location moving at inhuman speed. The vamp don't seem to notice and start closing in on the woman.

"Hurry up and kill her Mick!" vamp one says.

"Don't rush me."vamp two snaps.

The woman is still screaming. I wish she would shut the hell up, it's annoying.

Mick gets ready to pounce, and as soon as his feet leave the ground he"s propelled backwards and slams into the brick wall of the building.

"What the....." vamp two but is cut off when he notices what's in front of him.

"Hunters" he hisses low.

"Leech" the hunter in front of him replies pulling a short sword from his coat.

He dives toward the vamp and they move in a blur of speed. Each trying to get the upper hand. But this vamp is a newborn and the hunter seems far better trained.

He slip past the vamps guard and plunges his blade directly into the heart. The vamp stiffens then turns to ash, the first vamp has already been disposed of by the other hunter.

My presence goes unnoticed by them. If I don't want anyone to know I'm here they won't.

"That was fun." Fen says from beside me.

"Hmm" I reply. For some strange reason my gaze is drawn to the last hunter.

As soon as I turn, I meet steel grey eyes. This hunter can see me. Suddenly my beast, what I've kept sleeping inside me for thousands of years wake up and is roaring inside me.

"MINE" It says.

My eyes widen and I step back. Turning to flee from those intense grey eyes I think, what the fuck?

"Well it seems you won't be lonely any more Aliana."Fen says chuckling.

"Well fuck me." I say out loud this time.