eleven

ASH SHAKILY followed Richie into the house, his words ringing in her head as he stayed right beside her

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw. You guys are lucky we weren't measuring dicks." Richie said as they cautiously stepped into the dark house.

Ash rolled her eyes. "God, please stop."

"Ash, stay with me. I mean, if we got locked in this house forever, we're going to have to repopulate the earth and I can't fuck you if you're dead."

"BEEP, BEEP RICHIE!" Ash exclaimed.

"Okay, you've been saying that more and more ever since I admitted my fear of clowns, and I regret telling you anything." Richie said, looking into the next room.

"Ugh." Eddie shuddered. "I can smell it."

"Don't breathe through your mouth." Richie said, moving a little further into the next room.

Ash stood close to Eddie, still examining her surroundings, and Eddie asked, "Why?"

"Cause then you're eating it." Richie answered, and Eddie dry heaved.

"Hey, Eds, just don't think about it." Ash said to him, and he shakily nodded, looking at her.

"You know," He said softly. "You're the only person that I'll let call me Eds."

Ash laughed gently. "Is that right?"

Eddie nodded, and slowly hooked a finger around hers. "And it's weird because when you do it, I don't mind."

Ash felt her face warm as his eyes met his, but the spell was broken as they heard a slight sniff.

She turned to see Richie, holding a crumpled piece of paper in his hands, which were shaking slightly.

"Rich?" Ash asked hesitantly.

Richie didn't answer, and Ash shared a look with Eddie as they and Bill slowly approached Richie.

"It says my name." He said, his voice cracking on the last syllable.

Bill looked at the paper, and then at Richie. "Y-You're not missing Richie."

Ash realized it was a missing poster, and Richie looked up at them all, his eyes frantic, and then back down at the paper.

"Police department– city of Derry; that's my shirt, that's my hair, that's my face, that's my name, that's my age, that's the date!" His voice became higher and higher, hysterical.

"No, Rich, you're not–" Bill tried to say, but Richie cut across him.

"NO IT SAYS IT, WHY THE FUCK AM I MISSING!?" He screamed, jerking his head up to look at all of them, tears starting to leak from his eyes as the poster trembled in his hand.