The Story of a Boy Who Killed a Man ᴴᴰ ┇ Emotional ┇

During the time of Umar Ibn Al Khattab (ra), there were two men who brought in a young boy dragging him into the court house, so Umar Ibn Al Khattab (ra) He asked 'What is this? Whats going on? Why are you dragging him into the court house?' They say 'This boy has killed our father' Umar Ibn Al Khattab he asked him did you really kill their father?

The boy says 'yes I did kill their father but it was by accident' My camel it used to tread on their property so one day their father took a rock and hit the camel in the eye, and I saw the camel suffering and pit made me furious and aggravated so I took a rock and I threw it at the father and it hit him in the head and he died.

So Umar Ibn Al Khattab (ra) asks the two brothers will you forgive this young boy for this incident and they said No we want retribution. So Umar Ibn Al Khattab (ra) he asks the young boy 'Do you have any last wishes, any last requests?' and the young boy says 'Yes my father passed away and I have a younger brother and My father left some money behind for my young brother I would like 3 Days to go and retrieve this wealth from a hidden place so that I can make sure, my brother gets it when I die and pass away.

So Umar Ibn Al Khattab He thinks this young boy is making up the story, he said 'Boy what are you talking about? what wealth? what father? What younger brother' The young boy says 'Trust me' Umar Ibn Al Khattab says 'Okay I Trust You' But find a guarantor for you, someone who will guarantee you will come back. The young boy he looks around, there is a packed courthouse 'Will someone not help me today?' And everyone as the boy is looking around they turn their faces away or the just look down, No one wants to help this young boy.

Then from the back of the courthouse, A hand raises up, Who's hand is it? Abu Dharr Al Ghifary (ra) The noble and Illustrious Companion of the Prophet (saw) who gave Dawah To so many tribes. He says 'I will do it' Now understand what it means to be a guarantor, Meaning that if this boy doesn't come back then it is the head of Abu Dharr Al Ghifari (ra) that will be chopped off and killed, Abu Dharr Al Ghifari He says 'I will be the guarantor' so the boy walks away, the first day goes by and he is no where to be seen, The second day goes by and the boy is no where to be seen. Asr time comes on the 3rd day, The two brothers go to Abu Dharr Al Ghifari (ra) and they say come with us to the courthouse, it is time!

Abu Dharr Al Ghifari (ra) says 'I will come to the courthouse but the day does not end until maghrib. So now Abu Dharr Al Ghifari is walking through madinah to the courthouse with these two brothers and the people of Madinah are following behind them, all getting to the courthouse to see what is going to happen, as this story had become the talk of the town. You can Imagine minutes going by, the courthouse is filling up, the anxiety is building up will Abu Dharr Al Ghifari have his life sacrificed for the mistakes of a boy and literally minutes before the call of the prayer of magrib is called the boy rushes in, people are now shouting they are happy, they are wondering what's going to happen, will everyone be forgiven what's going to happen?

So the boy comes in and the adhan for salatul maghrib hasn't gone. Umar Ibn Al Khattab asks the boy 'O boy why did you come back?' I did not send a spy behind you, I did not send anyone to follow you, what made you want to cone back? The boy said 'I did not anyone to say, that a muslim gave his word and did not fulfil it ... So I came back.

Umar Ibn Al Khattab turns to Abu Dharr and he says 'O abu Dharr what made you want to be the guarantor of this boy?' He says I saw a muslim in need and I did not want anyone to ever say that a muslim was in need and there no one there to help him so I raised my hand to be his guarantor.'

The two brothers they say when we have people like this how can a muslim ask for forgiveness and no be there to forgive him, so they forgave the boy. This was the legacy of Islam, This was the code of conduct of Islam, This is why during the caliphate of Umar (ra) they were able to reach the borders of China all the way to the South of France because they've had strong relationship with Allah, They did things with Ihsaan and they lived with the code of conduct of Islam and this is when Allah (swt) will be able to restore the honour of this nation.