Out of Vertham.

Elle ran to her room without a word to the others and tried to go to sleep. She didn't want to think about what happened between her and Elwood at the beach. Instead she thought back to her childhood, seemed a lot more innocent with no worries in the world. Before she left her Dad she used to run around the Golden forest with the elder Elves and her father. She used to shoot blunt arrows at the trees but without the need to kill.

She remembered how her mother used to tie her hair up in a ponytail with a ribbon and dress her in cute dresses. Then the break up, she remembered crying and crying because she had to move. The long journey to Raycrest was torturous for her. She could see those dark was in the carriage surrounding her again, enclosed in sorrow. She hugged a pillow like she would have hugged her mother if she were there. She thought of what Raycrest was like, working on a small farm for little money. But then Alura came into her life an things started to get better.

"Are you alright?" Alura came in and asked, sitting down on Elle's bedside. "Whats happened? you're all wet!"

"Um, there were mermaids and they lured Elwood in and I had to dive in to save him." Elle replied stuttering, her teeth chattering.

"What?" Alura shouted then put her hand over her mouth to shut herself up, "That mermaid myth is true." she said.

"Apparently so." Elle let off a small smile.

"You look really upset that can't be it, Elle."

"I'm fine just gotta get changed, that's all." Elle said getting up and going into her bag for clean, dry clothes. "Tell Ferafel what happened."

"Okay."

Elle went to the bathroom and locked the door. She stood in front of the old mirror and slowly undressed, pulling yuk faces from the soggy cloth. Her dress slapped the floor and she went to the Bath and filled it with water and light a fire under the metal bath to heat up the water. After it was hot enough she put of the flame and hopped in the bath. Letting off a sigh of relaxation she cleaned herself with lavender soap and sunk into the warm water.

* * * *

Elwood finally came back to the palace and was quickly bombarded by Alura and Ferafel.

"Are you stupid or something?" Ferafel said waving her hands around.

"Yeah, getting lured by the mermaids!" Alura added. "You could have been drowned, luckily Elle saved you."

"Well it's not my fault!" Elwood said pushing through them to get to the room. "It was their magic luring powers."

'Excuses." Alura said while rolling her eyes.

Ferafel watched Elwood go into this room and slam the door. "Well, we must ask Elle for some more details! Since he doesn't seem to want to talk."

Elle came out of the bathroom with a towel around her head. Ferafel rushed over to her and pulled her to the table in the hall.

"Tell me all about the mermaids." Ferafel asked her.

Elle knew that was coming. "Alright, well first off me and Elwood were just sitting on the beach. Then I saw a green tail slip out of the water then disappear quickly." Elle paused.

"And then what?" Alura asked.

"Um, then Elwood wanted a closer look you see so he walked off and I followed him. But on the way a mermaid jumped out at me and distracted me while another mermaid dragged him into the water. I dived in after him and my necklace made the mermaid hiss and I took Elwood's sword and cut the mermaid and she swam away."

"Wow," Alura said. "You really did save him."

"Is he back yet?" Elle asked.

"Yeah, why did he come in later than you though, if you were together?"