Chapter 51: The Boyfriend Calls You That?

My vision was blurry when I finally opened my eyes. I was standing, chained to a pole, in the middle of an average looking room. In front of me I could see a large desk and a couch. I couldn't tell what time of day it was since I couldn't see any windows and a bright light was on. The light confused me into thinking that it was perhaps late evening but I had a feeling it was much later.

My body was aching from standing and being pinched between the metal pole and the chain: I could feel a strong headache and my mouth was extremely dry.

"Ahhh sweetheart, you're awake!" A tall stranger came to stand in front of me, inspecting me closely.

"Don't. Don't call me that." I barely managed to say.

"What? The boyfriend calls you that?" He laughed darkly.

I was too in shock and I jerked my head back so hard and fast, the impact with the pole only intensified my headache.

"Ouch. That's gotta hurt." There was a gleam in his eyes and he clearly didn't care about my well being. "Well, just sit - I mean stand - " that made him laugh again, "I'll be back in a bit."

"Wait," I swallowed, "How long have I been here."

Another humorous laugh followed, "Out of all the things I thought you would ask. You've probably been here for about a week."

"What!?" The screaming only caused my throat to hurt. 

"Relax sweetheart, I'll go get you some food now. Oh and I've got a surprise for you!" He sang.

I heard a door close and took in my surroundings more carefully, evaluating every possible weapon. But he was good. And he had done this before. Everything was planned so that nothing visible in this room could be used as a weapon.

I was also still struck by his similarity to Hunter. The dark hair and blue eyes. Even the face shape and the strong jaw they both had. Was it possible Hunter had a brother he didn't tell me about? I shook my head in thought, he was too old to be a brother. And was it just a coincidence he called me 'sweetheart' like Hunter or was there a deeper connection between them? I'd met Hunter's parents before so the only other logical thought was that this man was his uncle or simply just a replica. These thoughts were making my head throb more forcefully.

"Come on, go in." I heard the man speak again and I stiffened.

There were footsteps and a tall blonde girl came to stand in front of me. She held a glass to my lips but I kept them shut, only to have the water drop down onto my shirt. I was thirsty but I couldn't accept anything until I knew it was safe to drink and wouldn't kill me.

"Mili, just have some water please." She moved the glass from my lips once she saw it drip.

"Ja - Jaimie...?" It couldn't be.

"Look it's safe to drink." She took a sip and then brought it back to my lips. I didn't hesitate this time drinking the water.

"So you like your surprise?" The man stood next to the girl with his arm around the alleged Jaimie's shoulders.

"My sister is dead." This received a confused look from the girl and I could see how she forced the tears back.

"Emilia, sweetheart, that was just some decoy so that I could reunite the two Anderson sisters." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't try make it seem as if you're the hero."

My kidnapper's face became red and he stood closer to me, "I still have the upper hand, sweetheart. So watch that mouth of yours."

He slapped me before walking out. The unexpected hit brought tears to my eyes and I blinked them away. The blonde wiped the few stray tears away with a tissue she got from her pocket.

"I'm not dead you know?" She whispered.

I scoffed, "I've been kidnapped. I can only assume what kind of sick mind games he plays so forgive me if I don't believe that my dead sister whose body I just saw, is still alive."

"Did you have to identify her body?"

"Whose? My sister's?" I stared her down.

"I'm your sister Mili - "

"No you're not!"

"Let me think," she ignored my outburst and tapped her chin in thought. "I could tell you how I disappeared?"

I chuckled darkly, "Easily accessed information found in any news article."

"I could tell you why I'm still alive."

"Because he hasn't killed you yet."

Surprisingly, she laughed. "Mili, he's not going to kill me. He's helping me and sending me wherever I want to go."

"So you're telling me my head strong, care free, party crazy sister is voluntarily choosing to stay with a psychopath?"

Her eyes darkened and she sighed, "Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow."

I stared in shock at her. The girl in front of me had to be Jaimie. I hadn't told anyone about the letters and I had a feeling he hadn't told our kidnapped either.

"I'm guessing from your reaction you found the poem?" I nodded, "He can't know, okay? It's the first time I've ever gone against his rules and if he knew what I did..."

"Why didn't you ever try contact me or mom?" I was crying now.

"I couldn't put your life at risk. Which didn't help because well, look where you are now? I can't explain his reasons to you Mili, but just know he's a deeply disturbed man and he's never injured me too seriously."

I closed my eyes thinking of all the possible things that could have happened to her in ten years.

"You didn't think that body was mine did you?" She rested a hand on my cheek.

I shook my head, "I had a feeling it wasn't you. Mom was so sure - "

"Mom had to identify the body? I've caused so much pain. I'm so sorry Mili."

She hugged me even though I couldn't hug her back, "It's not your fault Jams, I don't understand your reasons but I can't imagine what you've been through either."

"You'll understand one day." She kissed my forehead and left.

Cue dramatic music! People, Jaimie is alive! Were you expecting that? What do you guys think is gonna happen?

Don't know when I'm gonna update again cause school starts again soon and then there's exams too but during December I should be able to finish it... yip, we're close to the end friends. But let me also announce that there WILL be a sequel and I've also started a novella type thing with one shots so there's that too look forward to!

Leave your thoughts by commenting and also remember to vote, share and follow ;)