27- the least i can do

Cassie's POV

I wake up in a hospital bed. 

I adjust to the light, trying to recall when I actually blacked out. 

Hmmm. 

I don't even remember.

I look accross the room and see a nurse at my leg, putting on what I assume is a cast.

"Hey Sweetie! We put you to sleep a little while ago so we could just do some tests- I'm just putting on a cast" the nurse said, joyfully.

"Okay. Thank you very much. How are the other two victims of the crash?" I ask. I am really worried for Ethan and Grayson- if they're not okay, I don't know what I'll do.

"Ummm.... we've actually managed to wake them up- but they're still in really bad conditions. Ethan keeps blacking out. Gray is doing a bit better. Apparently they both need organ transplants or something, I don't know. I overhead some stuff whilst I was walking here." She says.

I don't respond. My mouth won't open. I can't help but think this is all my fault.

The nurse eventually leaves, and I am left all by myself in the room. 

I stare into nothingness. This was all my fault. I shouldn't have driven off. 

Oh my gosh. All of the other fans are going to hate me. Oh my gosh.

My thoughts are soon interrupted by a beep coming from the speaker beside me. 

*Cassie, your mother is here to see you. She's on her way in.* the monotone woman says.

Her voice was so funny, it sounded like a robo- WAIT A SECOND.

MY MUM? IS HERE? TO SEE ME?

WHAT?

I thought she didn't give a sh^t about me. 

Wow. Maybe she actually does.

I guess that proves that Mothers really know when you need them the most.

I sit in my bed, staring at the door in anticipation. 

Eventually, it opens, and I am greeted with a very puffy eyed Mum.

"CASSIE! OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OKAY IM SO SORRY IM NOT A GOOD MUM YOU DESER-" she began

"Mum- it's okay. Really. It means the world that you are even here. I thought you didn't care about me." I interrupted.

She wiped a tear from her eye- and sat down on the bed with me, looking into my eyes.

"Cassie. I want you to know that I am so sorry. It's times like this I regret everything. I want to prove to you that I am a good mother. I won't stop at anything to show you that I am here for you." she says. I saw the shine in her eye- and I knew that she meant it. 

We kisses my forehead and I fill her in on everything. I was so happy to learn that she had reported Dad the police on the way here. She listened to everything I had to say. She said that she couldn't wait to meet Ethan and Grayson, until I told her that they were the two other victims of the car crash. I explained all of the drama that happened before I drove off.