32

Harry can't contain his excitement as he pulls up to his family house. It's Christmas day and his gifts are anxiously waiting in the back seat ready to be opened. Gift giving is his favorite part of the holidays. Don't get him wrong, he loves getting gifts too, but the excitement of watching someone open a gift Harry bought just for them puts Harry in a festive mood.

His stomach knots as he remembers what he promised himself he would do today. He wants to officially tell his family that Louis and him are dating. Harry figures Robin already knows, and Gemma's probably picked it up by now, but he wants to tell everyone so there's no confusion.

Harry steps out of the car and takes a Moment to breathe in the crisp December air. It's only six, but the stars are already out leaving Harry soaked in darkness. The only light shines from the front of his house. He can hear the wind in the distance and the moving of the trees. The night is quiet, other than that.

As soon as he reaches the front of his house the door is thrown open and he's brought into a hug. He knows instantly that it's Gemma by her distinctive perfume. Harry sets his gifts on the ground and brings Gemma into a proper hug.

"You brought gifts," She cheers as she unravels herself from her brother's embrace. Gemma loves gifts. She grabs Harry's presents and brings them into the house trying to read the tags to see which one was hers.

"How was the drive back?" Anne asks bitterly. Harry tries not to let his mother's snappy comments get to him, but they still sting a little bit. He thought his Mum would be more open to letting him leave for LA and achieve his dreams. He, obviously, thought wrong.

"It was all right. The flight sucked, but the drive wasn't bad. Gemma, yours is the small rectangle," Harry says. Gemma stops shuffling through Harry's gifts and grabs the tiniest box of them all. She frowns and shakes the box quickly.

"When are we opening gifts," Gemma asks. Anne takes her apron from around her neck and sets it on the counter next to the oven.

The smell of Christmas dinner washes over him and Harry smiles. Anne doesn't go to extremes for Christmas dinner, but she likes to keep it traditional. Normally, she cooks a ham, roasted potatoes (Harry's mouth is watering already), stuffing, and Christmas cookies for dessert.

"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes, why don't you guys go sit down and catch up," Anne sighs. Harry takes this as a cue to leave. He tucks the remainder of his presents under his arms and hurries to the living room after Gemma.

"Why is Mum in such a bad mood," Harry asks. He places the presents under the tree along with a few of the other gifts left behind.

"Don't know, I figure it's because you're leaving soon and won't be coming back. Frankly, I don't know why she's in such a bad mood about it. She never got mad at me for leaving. I guess it's different since you're going all the way to California and I'm just in London, huh," Gemma offers. Harry shrugs and lets the question fall unanswered. A Moment later a loud sound brings Harry's attention to the doorway.

"Who's ready for the Twist Christmas dinner of 2014?" The voice belongs to Robin as he comes out of the kitchen wearing a full Santa Claus outfit, beard included. Harry tries not to crack a smile as he watches Gemma burst out laughing. Robin hands Harry and Gemma Santa hats and leads them to the table.

Harry takes a seat and starts to pile food on. Anne glares at him and he instantly stops. She offers her hand and gestures that they were going to pray. Harry grabs Gemma's hand and Anne starts.

"Lord in Heaven, we thank you for bringing your son, Jesus, to Earth today and allowing him to die for our sins. I pray that you forgive our sins and bless the meal before us. Watch over Harry as he travels half-way across the country to live with a boy he's only known for—," Anne's interrupted by Robin's cough. She breathes deeply and starts again, "Like I said, please watch over Harry as he goes off to live in California, Amen."

Harry takes his hand from Gemma's and starts to pile his plate with food, praying the rest of dinner doesn't continue like this.

~_~_~

"I'm assuming presents are in order," Gemma cheers once everyone finishes their plates. Anne sighs loudly, knowing Gemma better than anyone. Harry stands and takes all the plates and sets them in the sink, so they can be cleaned later before following his family to the living room.

"I'll sort them," Gemma volunteers. She goes to the tree and starts separating the gifts by name. In the end Harry's pile ends up being the smallest, but Harry doesn't mind a bit.

"Youngest first, go ahead Harry," Anne explains. Harry grabs for a medium-sized box. He knows that the gift is from Gemma just by the wrapping. Gemma likes to go all out on her wrappings. She doesn't just wrap the box like everyone else, she has to decorate it. Harry opens it, trying not to completely destroy Gemma's hard work.

He tries not to bust out laughing when he sees the small frog plush in the box. "I figured you'd need a housewarming present," Gemma explains. The on-going joke in his family is that Harry resembles a frog. Of course, Gemma told Louis the first time they met, and now Louis' in on the joke too.

His other presents consist of nice shirts and random house appliances. Apparently, everyone assumed Louis doesn't have any house appliances and bought as much stuff from Ikea that they could find. Harry thinks for a Moment and considers the fact that Louis is horrible at cooking and doesn't have half the things anyway.

After all the gifts are exchanged the conversation dies down. Harry clears his throat and decides now is the best time, if any, to come out. "So, uh, as you guys may know. I've been hanging out with... Louis, a lot more. I wasn't sure if you guys uh... knew or not, but uh... we're together... romantically," Harry explains. The room goes silent, but Gemma breaks the tension.

"You owe me $5," Gemma says to Robin. He grumbles and fishes the money out of his pocket and hands it to her.

"You bet on me!"

"Only on when you'd finally admit it. I knew you'd end up dating him since I met him. I bet you'd crack before New Year's," Gemma explains. Harry rolls his eyes, but isn't surprised. Anne stands to go clean the kitchen and Robin follows. Gemma pulls out her phone and starts taking photos for her Instagram. Harry frowns as he feels his phone vibrate.

ZaynMalik:

Merry Christmas! -Z

Harry frowns. Why is Zayn messaging him? He thought Zayn hated him? He thinks back to Louis' party and remembers how nice Zayn was acting. Something is definitely going on.

Harry_Styles:

I think you sent this to the wrong person.

ZaynMalik:

No. I meant to send it to you. It's a mass message to all my friends.

Harry_Styles:

Didn't think we were friends considering you always seem mad at me.

ZaynMalik:

Things change.

~_~_~

Hey guys! So, I think I might change the rules so that answer to the QOTC will count towards the comment goals, thoughts? By spamming I mean people who comment one letter and spell out words and stuff. I don't care if the comment goal is reached by one person or 14! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B

ATLC (Answer to last chapter): I'm 15 years old! I'll be 16 on the 19th tho, sooooo @UtubeQueenShipper @OopsHi2013 #15squad 

Bonus Goal: 14 votes and 10 comments

 QOTC: Languages spoken?