Get Out of This

David's POV

D: Alan... please, just go.
Alan: Come on, just a coffee.
D:... fine.

We went to the little restaurant that was around the corner.

We took a seat and he started to talk to me about his job. I didn't really care.

We've been seeing each other a few weeks now, and we both agree that it was just sex. Nothing more than sex. And that didn't include coffee.

D: So what's up?
Alan: I think I need a break.
D: From what?
Alan: this
D: You need a break from sex?
Alan: David... I'm falling for you.
D: Al-
Alan: I know I know. That's why I need a break, to get my emotions together.
D: Are you sure there's nothing else wrong?
Alan: Nono, the sex is amazing. I mean, I really like your dick is quite big and you definitely know how to use it-
D: Jesus! Alan!

I feel my cheeks heat up as he laughed at my face.

Alan: Anyways. I'm falling for you but you are in love with him. So... we both are hopeless.
D: That's true.

He finished his coffee and stood up.

Alan: I- emm I'll see you.
D: Soon?
Alan: You can't be away from my ass that long, can you?
D: Alan!
Alan: What?!
D: Shut up.
Alan: Alright alright. I don't know if we'll see each other soon. I'll call ok?
D: Fine. Hope you're ok.
Alan: I'll be fine.

Then it was followed by an awkward moment.

Alan: Can I have a goodbye kiss.
D: There's people here-
Alan: I know, I know- Ignore me, it was stupid from my part.

I stood up and gave him a hug. He clang to me and I could feel his face buried in my neck inhaling my scent. I felt bad. I didn't love him back, and he was so nice with me... in bed and as a person.

My life would be easier if I loved him back, but the fact it was that I couldn't love him the way he wanted.

My heart belonged to someone else.

Simon Cowell

Anyways. I paid the check and head off back to my home.

I called my manager, Jeremy, and we set up a meeting.

He arrived in the evening, and so the meeting began.

Jer: So David, the book it's gonna be in stores in a couple of weeks, so I have scheduled some interviews. Graham Norton Show, John Bishop and Chatty Man of course.

Alan Carr... that name made me remember what happened this morning with the "other Alan".

Jer: Daaaaviiiiiid
D: Sorry, what was that?
Jer: That now we have to focus on your image. We need you to get more pictures wit your celebrity friends and of course with your mom. Everyone loves your mom, you see when an actor as successful such as yourself showing his private life with their fans, the messes go wild and-
D: Jeremy.
Jer: Yes?
D: For the hundred time. I'm not posting pictures of Alfred. That was an agreement between Lara and I.
Jer: Well, it was worth to try. Now BGT will be starting soon, so that will do good, right?
D: Yeah. I guess so.

After a moment of silence, he said.

Jer: Are you all right David?
D: Yeah, why?
Jer: Because you don't look very well.
D: I you knew the answer then why did you ask, if I don't look well, then I don't feel well.
Jer: All right then mate, I just worry about you, that's all.

I realised that it was very rude of me.

D: I'm sorry. I just- it's just- agh... I'll be fine, just give me time.
Jer: Ok. Don't worry. If you need something, please call. Do you want me to cancel you appointments for tomorrow?
D: No no, don't worry. I'll be ok.
Jer: Well then, I'll better be off. My wife sends you hugs.
D: She's the cutest, thank you.
Jer: See you then.