Chapter 27

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 27

       The King was enraged upon his return. I could feel it like a sharp stab in my chest the minute the loud thundering of slamming doors was heard around the castle.

       I snapped wide, horrified eyes over at Eildor and Finn. They were on babysitting duty since Aeyron was still with Mae, and Terif had gone down the Mountain with the King. They shared brief, and rather frightened glances before looking back at me.

       "It would appear the King was not pleased with what he learned." Finn muttered as Eildor stood to his feet and held his hand out towards me.

       "Let us leave his wing for a while, my lady. I doubt he would want you to see him in such a state."

       I wanted to shake my head and stay firmly in my spot, to demand that Eirik tell me what had happened, angry or not- but when the loud, angry roaring of his voice started carrying throughout the halls, I was nodding my head and slipping my hand into Eildor's without hesitation.

       "Mind your wolf." Finn chided as we slipped out of the North's sitting room and headed for the small staircase at the end of the hall. "Be prepared if he suddenly invades your head, we don't want to end up hurting Lady Emrie like Aeyron." He shot me a smile, one I didn't have time to return before Eildor was escorting me quickly down the back stairwell.

       I stared after Eirik's wing for as long as I could, a worried frown pulling at my lips. I hoped he was alright. What could have made him so angry?

       "Don't worry, my lady. Terif is used to dealing with him when he gets all moody like this, he'll calm him down." Eildor's always amused eyes were beaming down at me, but his words did little to reassure the uneasy turning in my stomach.

       I thought we would have avoided the furious King completely, but the moment we stepped into the main hall his furious form was looming just ahead. My steps faltered as my breath caught in my throat.

       Blood.

       He was covered in it. It drenched his shirtless torso, covered the dark of his pants in a black stain, and was even clinging to his mouth and jaw.

       And it was not his.

       "Was not expecting this..." I barely heard Eildor say over my own blood pounding through my ears. What had he done?

       The King's eyes snapped towards us, to mine, and I flinched backwards at the furious look dancing in his no-longer blue gaze. His eyes were black, the entire expanse of them. I gulped nervously and took a small step back.

       He growled.

       Dear lord...

       "Y-You killed them..." I knew the answer before the words even slipped past my lips. There was too much blood for it to be anything other than a handful of bodies he must have torn through. I could feel the color drain from my face.

       "Oh my god-"

       My head was beginning to pound, and it felt like no matter how hard I tried to breath, air refused to reach my lungs. He had killed them. People I had known my whole life- that practically raised me besides Lei and Mae.