Repaying the favour

This part is dedicated to AliceAndMusic. I hope you enjoy!

Anakin deflected another laser from a battle droid's gun. The laser shot the droid in the head and the contraption collapsed.
"Ha! That makes forty three for me! How many have you struck down Snips?" Anakin called over his shoulder.
"You've only destroyed forty three? You'd better up your game Skyguy! I've dealt with fifty six!" Ahsoka, who was a few meters away from Anakin, said.
"Fifty six?" Anakin repeated.
"You're lying."
"Oh really?"
Anakin glanced over and felt his eyes widen. A pile of deactivated droids sat a few feet away from his young Padawan.
"Wow Snips, not bad" Anakin praised.
Ahsoka grinned at Anakin then suddenly a Destroyer droid rolled from down the hall and fired at the Togruta. The girl didn't have time to react and was hit in the arm and twice in her left leg. Ahsoka cried out in pain and fell to her knees, clutching her injured arm. Anakin heard her yelp and looked over instinctively. The destroyer was about to fire on Ahsoka again.
"Don't you touch her!" Anakin shouted, using the Force to throw the Destroyer at some nearby battle droids. Anakin ran over to his Padawan and got on his knees beside her.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I've had worse" Ahsoka answered through gritted teeth.
"Can you walk?"
"Doubt it. I was hit twice in my leg."
"Here. I'll help you."
Anakin put his arm around Ahsoka and gently helped her to her feet.
The two Jedi were on a mission to destroy a new weapon the Seprists had constructed. After successfully blowing it up with Anakin's; 'completely thought out plans', the two had ran to the docking bay only to be overrun by battle droids. Thankfully, they'd destroyed all of them before Ahsoka was injured.
Ahsoka clung to Anakin's robe as they went to their ship. Anakin made sure they went at a pace that wouldn't cause Ahsoka any pain. After boarding, Anakin helped Ahsoka into the co-pilots chair before taking to the controls. Starting up the ship, Anakin flew it from the bay. After jumping into hyperspace, Anakin set auto pilot on and turned to R2-D2. The little droid had helped sabotage the weapon and went onto the ship after electrocuting a battle droid.
"R2, go get some bandages will ya little buddy?"
The droid beeped an affirmative before rolling out of the room.
"How's your leg?" Anakin asked.
"Completely fine, yeah I was shot in the leg twice so I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it" Ahsoka said sarcastically.
Anakin rolled his eyes with a small smile.
"Even injured you're still as snippy as ever" he remarked.
Ahsoka couldn't help but grin.
R2 soon returned with the required items and warbled in concern.
"I'm fine R2" Ahsoka reassured the droid, patting his dome.
Anakin got to work for wrapping up Ahsoka's leg then did her arm.
"Ahsoka, how many times have I told you to not lose concentration in a battle? You can't put your guard down or that could cost you your life. Always be mindful of your surroundings and always make sure the threat is dealt with before relaxing."
Ahsoka didn't reply.
"You're my responsibility Snips, so I would be dead if you were killed and also;"
The older Jedi looked into Ahsoka's eyes.
"I couldn't be able to forgive myself it you died. I may have gotten you without warning, but you mean a lot to me alright?"
Ahsoka smiled at Anakin fondly.
"And I couldn't ask for a better Master. You're always there for me" she told him.
"It's my job, and besides, Obi Wan would murder me if I let you get taken or killed."
They both laughed at that and smiled at one another.
"Thanks for saving me from that Destroyer by the way. It would've finished me off" Ahsoka said.
"Well, I'm just repaying the favour you did for me on our first battle" Anakin said.
"Huh?"
"Remember? You dropped the wall on a bunch of droids and saved my life."
"Oh yeah. Heh. I forgot about that" Ahsoka admitted.
"Well, I'm grateful for what you did for me. And everything you've done for me since."
"You're welcome Master" Ahsoka said.
Anakin smiled at his Padawan and the Togruta returned the expression.
Ahsoka might've been troublesome at times, but she was also very reliable.

Anakin knew he could always count on his snippy apprentice.