[ twenty five ] the weekend after

c h a p t e r t w e n t y f i v e the weekend after

the weekend after

Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski had been inseperable since the moment she had woken up in her hospital room, the pair of teenagers completely bathing in their honeymoon phase. Ever since those three magic words had escaped either of their lips, they had been like broken records-- feeling the urge to repeat them again and again and again.

Softly, happily, gently... Stiles was pretty sure he would never get used to hearing Harper tell him that she loved him in a way that wasn't platonic or sisterly. Never in a million years did he think he would ever get her to fall in love with him. The hazel-eyed boy was pretty sure that if he could go back and tell his twelve-year-old self what he'd be doing in the future then Younger Stiles would have a heart attack.

Now, she was sat up in her hospital bed in front of him. He decided that she looked as beautiful as ever, her skin a little paler than usual, her dark hair left natural and tucked behind her ears. The hospital gown she was wearing was a little big and it looked like it was swallowing her whole from where she sat cross-legged.

His large hand traced one of the bruises on her bare knees, slender fingers giving it a squeeze when Harper looked up from her phone with a small smile. She put the device down on the mattress and leaned forwards, meeting Stiles half way in a short kiss.

"Anything from your grandma?" Stiles asked, jerking his head towards her mobile phone.

"No. Nothing," Harper sighed. "Your dad's going over to mine to check on her, right?"

"Right," Stiles nodded, pressing a small kiss to her forehead. "I'm sure she's fine. She probably just forgot she has a phone or something."

Harper giggled a little, but it didn't stop the pit of worry at the bottom of her stomach. She'd been at the hospital overnight as well as Lydia Martin, recovering from what had happened to her on the field. Melissa insisted that it was most likely from the shock of seeing Lydia get bitten by an animal and that she had hit her head on the way down, which that part was true.

Rose Verum had yet to answer her phone. She thought Harper was supposed to be sleeping at Lydia's that night anyway, but it had been more than twenty-four hours. It was night again now, and nobody had heard from Rose. Not when Melissa called, or the hospital, or Harper.

Sheriff Stilinski was heading to the Verum household to check up on her and bring her to Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, where her granddaughter was anxiously awaiting her so she could sign for Harper's release.

Stiles sighed contently, shifting in the leather chair he sat in.He smoothed his hand around Harper's knee absentmindedly, his hazel eyes focusing on the wall behind her as he thought about everything that had gone down with Peter Hale.

"How's Lydia?" Harper asked, annoyed that she hadn't been able to leave her hospital room yet since she woke up.

"Still the same as the last time I checked up on her, Harps," Stiles chuckled a little, although he did feel bad since it was obvious Harper was really worried about her friend. "She's awake and her dad's there, so I didn't really want to interfere."