EIGHTEEN

Eighteen | punches

"Keep your back straight," I said to Pietro as we stood in front of each other a couple of feet apart.

"You sound more like a strict mother than a trainer," Pietro chuckled.

I only rolled my eyes. "Do you want to break your back or something?"

He shook his head and I smiled.

"Then keep your back straight."

It was noon the next day and Pietro and I were in the training room along with Wanda and Steve. Staying true to the deal we had, I was helping him learn how to fight. And I had a feeling this was a good thing, because it only took one lunge to knock him down.

He had accused me - more than once - that I was taking it too hard on him, which may be true so now, I was teaching him slowly. Instead of going straight for the attack, I told him what he was supposed to do first. How he was supposed to hold himself or which way to go for.

It was a good thing that he caught up so fast, otherwise, we would be here all day. It seemed that it wasn't only his running that was sped up due to enhancement. He could also think faster than a normal human could, which made it easier for him to learn things.

Even though he still had a long way to go, I couldn't help but be impressed. Because of our enhancement both of us were different from others and it was nice to have someone I could relate to in a way. That wasn't something I would ever tell Pietro, though. I didn't need to feed his already inflated ego.

I told him that he was the one who was going to attack this time and he ran towards me. He wasn't able to do anything though, before I swing around, grabbing his shoulders and throwing him off balance and onto his back before swinging myself over him.

He cocked an eyebrow in between deep breaths, a smirk on his face as he watched me. "This is an interesting position."

My face flushed when I understood what he was implying on. Instead of getting up straight away though, I swung my fist at him, punching him in the face.

He groaned as I got up and brushed the hair away from my face. "Better watch your mouth Maximoff, because next time, I won't stop with one punch."

He got up mumbling a sorry as he winced while rubbing at the spot where I had punched him.

Luckily, he behaved himself for the rest of training and I found myself sitting in my room later that day. I pulled my dark hair up into a ponytail before digging my hand into my jeans pocket and pulling out the pen drive.

Hoping no one would interrupt me was a complete waste because I hadn't even reached my bed when Vision phased through the wall and floated into my room, completely catching me off guard.

"I'm sorry to startle you but I require some assistance," Vision said as he stopped a couple of feet in front of me.

I sighed as I put the pen back, "what do you need help with?"

"I found some information regarding Ultron. It may help you find him," he said, holding out a hard drive.

I took it and twirled it in my hand, "I'll take a look at it."

"You may need some help," Vision spoke up. "There's quiet a lot of information in there."

I nodded, telling him I'll find someone to help me. He gave me a smile and walked out of the room, this time using the door for whatever reason.

I plugged the hard drive into my laptop after he left and watched as the many files popped up. He was right. There was a lot of stuff in here. It would take me a whole day to go through half of it.

As I thought of who to ask for help, an idea crossed my mind making me frown. Pietro's speed would help him read through things quickly since his mind worked faster then a normal persons. All I had to do was ask him and that wasn't something I was keen on doing.

Sure, he and I had a deal. We weren't mad at each other anymore, but we weren't exactly friends either. How could I just go up to him and ask him to read a bunch of files that could possibly help us find a bad guy? But since I couldn't really bother anyone else and it would be a lot faster if Pietro was the one to help, I knew the best decision would be to ask him.

Deciding to ask him after training the next day since it was too late to work on anything now, I sighed and I pulled out the pen again and plugged it into my computer, finally taking a look at its contents.

✳✳✳

Whose excited to find out what's on he pen drive? The next chapter is going to be... interesting. *wink*

Please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!