Miranda

This was requested by mayaharttrash hope you enjoy it!
_______________________________
When Josh and Maya made their someday deal they decided that if the other one was going to try and date someone else that they would be okay with it no matter how much it hurt. Today was the day to put that to the test.

Word broke in the Matthews family that Josh has gotten a girlfriend. Not a one night stand or just a fling, she was an actual girlfriend that he had been hanging out with for a while and had asked her out recently. When asked about it Shawn made a statement that Josh was pretty serious about her and that the relationship would probably last a while. Maya, of course, was heartbroken by the news. But she had already made it up in her heart and mind that if Josh was happy then so was she.

"So Josh is going to be at dinner tonight and unfortunately he's bringing Miranda." Riley said as she leaned against her locker while Maya was getting her books out of hers. Maya laughed.

"You know you don't have to not like her just because of me." Maya said as she read over her schedule that was taped to the inside of her locker. She didn't really feel like memorizing it.

"Trust me I'm not. I've never liked her attitude when it came to things anyway. I don't understand how she grabbed Josh's attention with the way she acts towards people." Riley scoffed as she shook her head. Maya furrowed her eyebrows.

"That bad, huh?" She asked as she closed her locker and turned her full attention to Riley.

"Yep! And I'm not the only one who's noticed. Grandma and grandpa hate her." Maya gave a shocked look.

"Are you sure that it's not just one of those things where she's dating their son and they want her to prove she's good enough?" Maya asked making Riley smirk.

"No." She said shaking her head. "ask me how I know." She said teasingly. Maya laughed.

"How do you know?" Maya asked. Riley smirked even bigger.

"Because grandma and grandpa are huge joshaya shippers." Riley said making Maya look at her confused.

"What's a joshaya?" She asked making Riley scoff.

"It's yours and Josh's ship name." Riley said making Maya give her the strangest look.

"Our what?" She asked shocked. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Your ship name! You know how when two people get together they combine their first names to make a couple name." Riley explained making Maya shake her head.

"I know what it means, Riley I'm just wondering why the heck Josh and I have one." She said. Riley sighed.

"Because you two are seriously perfect for each other. I didn't think it at first but then after watching you two together I realized that you two could easily be the new Cory and Topanga." Riley said making Maya chuckle.

"There will never be another Cory and Topanga no matter how hard people try." Maya said. Riley laughed.

"I guess. But I mean who would want to re-live their history anyway? You and Josh have your own history to write." Riley said making Maya smile at the thought.

"You really think so?" She asked. Riley rolled her eyes playfully.

"Of course, it's either that or everything that my father had told me for the past 18 years is a lie!" Riley stated simply making Maya chuckle before they headed off to class as the bell rang.

~
"Dinner with your family? I don't know Josh I don't think they liked me to well the last time I went over there." Miranda said as she was sitting on Josh's futon in his dorm room.