Break time

I have tons of school work I got to do but instead I'm writing this next chapter... I'm such a rebel.
_______________________________
Maya sighed for what felt like the thousandth time that night as she had decided to take a walk around campus. It was Thursday night and she had to leave for her parents house the next day after all her classes were over. She felt like she needed to make things right with Simon before she left but she couldn't build up enough courage to go and knock on his door.

Share was walking around when she noticed that there was a party going on just a couple of dorm houses down from hers. As Maya got a closer look she could see Simon talking to some of the guys outside of the house. She started to walk up to him but he noticed and quickly turned around to go inside. Maya sighed as she realized that she would actually have to go inside and search for him. She sighed as she started to make her way into the house only to be pulled back out by someone from behind her.

"Are you crazy!" Josh exclaimed as he turned her around to face him.

"I just need to talk to Simon." Maya said as she tried to get out of his grip. Josh sighed as he leaned down and threw her over his shoulders. "What are you doing put me down!" Maya screamed. Thankfully the music was to loud for anyone to hear them. Josh ran around the building and placed her down beside is and backing her up to where her back hit the wall.

"You do not ever go into a college party alone! Most of them contain junior and seniors who are already over 21 that have no problem with slipping you something and then taking you right up to a bedroom." Josh said as he leaned his body close to hers. Maya sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"I just wanted to talk to Simon!" She exclaimed.

"Simon isn't thinking straight right now, Maya. He's probably in there getting drunk right now as we speak." Josh said. Maya started to look everywhere except for Josh. "Hey, look at me Maya!" Josh demanded as he reached for Maya's chin and placed it to where she was looking at him. "Promise me that you won't ever go into a college party with a guy by your side. Lucas, Zay even Farkle for crying out loud! Promise me, Maya!" Josh demanded. Maya could see pure fear and concern for her in his eyes. She sighed and nodded.

"I promise." She said. Josh sighed in relief. Maya thought he would pull back after that but he didn't. Instead he just kept in the same position that he was in. One arm leaning on the building above her head while his other one was trapping her In by her side. Their faces were inches apart. Josh started leaning in. "We can't." She said stopping him. Josh sighed but he never moved his position.

"Maya it wouldn't be like last time. This time we're both single." He said tilting his head at her.

"You don't get it. Nobody seems to understand. I hurt someone I truly care about. I may not have cared about him in a romantic way but he did for me. There were other ways I could have let him down and I did it in the worse way possible. This isn't about me and you and whatever happens next, this is about me trying to reconcile a friendship that wasn't meant to be broken." Maya finished her little speech and Josh sighed before stepping back.

"I understand." He said. "But I'm walking you home. I don't trust you enough yet to keep your word that you won't go into the party." Josh said seriously making Maya roll her eyes before they started walking.

Nothing was said between the two again except for a simple goodbye after they had gotten back to Maya's dorm. After she was out of sight Josh took out his cell phone and called up Shawn.

"Baby Matthews! What's up? Did you do what we talked about?" Shawn asked him. Josh nodded his head before answering.

"Oh yeah." He said.

"How did he take it?" Shawn asked. Josh sighed.

"As expected. He didn't punch me but he was upset." Josh explained to Shawn.

"Sounds about right. Exocet if it were me you'd be in the hospital right now." Shawn said making Josh wince.

"Thanks for that." He said. Suddenly Shawn gasped as he had thought about something.

"Hey I have a great idea! Katy's been pretty stressed with the baby lately and has not stepped foot out of that nursery except to sleep. So I could use some help with the nursery and you could use some time away from school. Come stay with us for the weekend!" Shawn said. Josh laughed at the enthusiasm that Shawn had.

"I don't know man. That's a great offer but, I got a lot of homework I got to do this weekend." Josh said.

"So? Do it out here it's more peaceful! Common Josh it gives you time away to think. And then Sunday we can go out and have a guys day." Shawn said. Josh sighed before taking a few seconds and thinking it over before answering.

"Yeah, okay sure that sounds great." He said smiling.

"Awesome! See you tomorrow!" Shawn said before hanging up. Josh laughed. Yep, see you tomorrow indeed.
_______________________________
Back to school work.