Chapter 1

Dipper felt weird in Bills near. Not weird as in 'he tried to kill him once' and not as in 'what a creep'. He was nervous around the demon since he acted all of sudden so different than usual. Bill was lately so tired and worn out... and that turned him moody. Also, Stan reported to him he saw the demon vanishing into the forest various times at night...

What the hell was going on?

Once again, Bill watched tv with gruncle Stan in the living room. Some senseless fights between absolutely everyone and everything. Since pain still was hilarious to Bill, these shows cheered him a little up.
Dipper was downstairs with Ford in the laboratory, working eagerly as his assistent. At the age of sixteen, both he and Mabel moved into the mystery shack in order to be closer with everyone.

"Careful Dipper... Be careful..."
Ford watched his assistant closely as said one poured slowly two liquids together, earning a small poof out of the vial.
"Success."
Dipper held the vial proudly out to Ford who stored it safely away. Once again, his thoughts drifted to Bill.
"Ford? Can I ask you something?"
"Of course Dipper."
The old man kept on scribbling some notes onto a block in order to remember everything, not bothered to face his grandnephew.

"Well... It's Bill. He... he is behaving a little weird these days..."
Instantly, Ford jumped out of his chair and grabbed his gun at his belt.
"I knew it! Once evil, always evil!"
"G-gruncle Ford, stop it!!"
Dipper stubbornly blocked the exit and a soft whine escaped his lips.
"Not what you think! He is just so worn out lately and that because of nothing. And that makes him terrible moody... As an expert, do you know anything about that?"

Ford frowned and put his gun back with a sigh.
"I'll look at my notes... Maybe yes, maybe no. Can't promise anything."
With that Ford walked up to a large shelf full of his books. The three journals were placed there and more of Fords notes were kept in blocks.
Ford aimed straight for another notebook of his, pulling it out. Inside were all his records and notes of Bill Cipher. The demon allowed Ford to study him since the day he proposed to Dipper... Ford didn't admite it, but he was quite exited to be able to study a truly powerful demon.

Scanning through his handwriting, he soon clapped it shut and gave a dissapointed sigh.
"Sorry Dipper... About that is nothing noted."
Dipper lowered his head and nodded slightly. He worried about his boyfriend and his current condition. What if it was some odd demon sickness?
Suddenly, his face lit up. There still was a person he could ask! He had been visiting his friends dreams on the other side of the portal. Pacifica, Gideon and Will in Reverse Falls. And Will was a demon or not? He maybe knew something about this all.

After dinner, which was cooked by Mabel this time, Dipper went into the attic where his boyfriend already waited. In his bed, of course.
Without bothering to turn away Dipper stripped down and took freshly cleaned boxers on before he crawled next to the demon into the sheets.
"I know demons don't need sleep, but maybe you try getting some too today."
"Yeayea..."
Dipper huffed in his thoughts. Moody as always. Doing a last attempt to change his lovers attitude, he leaned up and peeked his lips.
"I love you Bill. Sleep well."
"Mh-hm. Love you too."
Very sweet. Dipper rolled slightly his eyes and snuggled into the demons slight tanned shoulder.

In the middle of the night, he woke up because he felt cold. No wonder, the blanket was on the floor and Bill was gone-
"B-Bill?!"
Dippers voice was silent but high pitched as if short before a panic attack. Without hesitation he jumped out of his bed and almost slipped on the blanket, then rushed to dress himself. Like a dog he searched through the whole house, but Bill was nowhere in sight.
Dipper growled to himself and took a small flashlight before he rushed out of the house... only to face a trembling Bill slowly closing in to the porch.

In both anger and relief he wanted to tacklehug the demon, but Bill dodged him and sent him straight to the ground.
Dipper turned onto his back, scared and unsure at the action of the demon. Bill... Bill stared down onto him. His... his right eye which normally was covered by his eyepatch glowed a bright yellow. And both of his eyes were without any sign of a pupil. Bills breathing was shaky and he was unusual pale. And was that... blood?!
Indeed, blood ran down his soft hands.

"B-Bill...?!"
An insane grin came onto said demons face and he just kept on staring at him for two awful long minutes, before he just continued his way. Dipper sat up, staring trembling onto the housedoor which just fell shut in front of his nose. Oh no, he would definitly not get into one room with Bill tonight...
It wasn't even minutes later as Dipper banged at Fords door. Fords room was the safest place in the whole house and Dipper was determined to spend the night here, if necessary even on the ground!

Not long after that, his half asleep gruncle opened the door. Without a word Dipper walked past him and threw himself onto a small uncomfortable couch, closing his eyes.
"Good night."
Ford, completely perplexed, stared at Dipper for at least a minute. But his instinct was winning against his curiousity and so the old man just nodded, closed the door and went back into his own bed.