Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [9]

Next part, sorry it hasn't been up in so long :(

_______________________________________________________

At around 7:30pm, mom came back home from shopping. I had spent the rest of the day trapped in the second room using my laptop, playing RuneScape and chatting to random people on PalTalk. I was just becoming engrossed in a hilarious conversation with a perpetual liar named Anthony Jackson, I mean Tony Rodriguez, I mean Stephen Bradley (he changed his names a lot) when I heard a knock on the door.

"Mirage, can I come in?" my mom asked gently from the door. James had allowed me to sleep in the second room for now, probably would take it back during one of his power streaks.

"Sure," I called back, telling Stephen Bradley I had to go.

^srry steph, g2g^

^but i wasnt finished telling u da story ..... and then p diddy walked in with a gun and he threatened to kill me or give back the jacket, so wat cud i do, rite?^

I giggled and closed the chat window. "Hey Krystal," I joked. "What'd you get?"

"Well, honey, I got this Be-U-tiful dress that I just could NOT put down!" She pulled a black pleated chiffon dress designed with with no straps and a gorgeous belt.

"Mom, no one's going to be able to take their eyes OFF of you at this party," I said, staring in awe at the beautiful dress. "But....How much did this cost exactly?...And with what money did you use to buy it?"

"Well...It's not THAT much..." my mom said with a nervous smile. "At least not for a dress of such fine quality and design," she murmured.

"Mom, how much?" I insisted.

"It WAS on a sale....For eighty five dollars," she giggled nervously.

"Eighty-five dollars?" I mouthed.

"And ninety-two cents?....It used to be one hundred and seventy-five?" she questioned with a cheesy grin.

"MOM!" I said unbelievingly.

"What?! Yours was ninety-five! And it's beautiful, Mirage!" she insisted. She pulled out another dress, a detailed black cocktail dress with roses embroidered at the edges.

"Mom, come on....We used to shop at Timmy's Thrift store and now THIS?" I put my head in my hands and sighed. "We're heading towards financial disaster, Mother," I groaned.

"With what? I used Jamie's credit card," she said, feeling her dress.

"WHAT?!" I nearly shrieked.

"He said I should spoil myself....And I did," she mumbled.

"Oh God," I groaned. "Oh Goooood!"

"Come on, Mirage! When's the last time I've been able to spoil myself?!" she gave me a look.

I rolled my eyes. ".....Well, go put it on, and we'll see."

"OH! Just what I was thinking!" she said, excitedly hopping up. "The dinner party's in an hour, get ready honey!!"

I laughed, happy that mom was so excited. I looked at the dress begrudgingly, feeling the delicate roses. It WAS beautiful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After fifteen minutes, I stepped out of the bathroom and and pulled my hair into a stylish bun, making sure to pull out two curls at the front to make it look extra stylish.