25

this is a video I made for the story, it might not make sense to yall but it's basically a video of my vision as I  write this - kat

      ➳ ➳ ➳   

Monday. June 15, 1987.  

After the awkward question session went on, it was finally time for the movie and all the campers were on the edge of their seats, waiting excitedly. The losers all sat together at a lunch table, facing the front of the cafeteria where the television was being set up. Ben was seated at the left end of the table, Mike was by his side as usual, Bev was next, pressed against Elle who was talking to Richie who had Eddie on his right. Next to Eddie was Bill and Stan was on the edge of it all. Snug.

"Have room for one more?" A nervous voice sounded behind them and Elle turned around so fast, Richie almost broke his neck following her gaze.

"Of course, love." Elle grinned at her brother. She scooted away from Richie to make room for Will, keeping herself next to Beverly the entire time. Will smiled awkwardly.

"Actually, I wanted to sit over here." Will said, pointing at the small space between Eddie and Bill. Elle blushed, Richie moved back to his spot by her side as Eddie made room for the boy. 

"Hey," Eddie put his hand in front of Will's face. Will replied by putting his hand up, too. Their hands didn't touched but they both laughed like it was the coolest way to greet someone.

"What was that?" Richie wondered out loud. 

"Air-five." Eddie snickered, turning back to Will who was talking about another comic he'd read that day. 

Richie rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Elle who was tracing circles into the table. He smiled at her, wondering what made her so quiet. He shrugged it off as the lights were turned off, signalling them that the movie was starting. Sixteen Candles. Richie rolled his eyes, because of course it was a chick flick. 

Eddie, however was bouncing in his seat with Will who was just as excited. Figures. Mike smiled, he was just happy to be watching a movie with his friends. The movie began and Richie snickered as he saw who played the main character.

"What's Bev doing on tv?" Richie slapped his hand on the table, cracking up as he pointed at Molly Ringwald on screen.

"Shut up, Trashmouth!" Beverly rolled her eyes and Eddie smacked him on the head. They all laughed, soon quieting down when other kids around the room turned to them with sour looks.

Once he was sure the lights weren't coming back on, Bill shakily reached for Stan's hand under the table. Stan closed his eyes, smiling as Bill laced their fingers together. Bill sighed, eyes trained on the screen across the room. 

Half an hour later, Stan was glad they'd chosen the table in the back. He scooted closer to Bill until there was no space between them, turning his head towards the boy. "D-do you think they'll notice?" Bill gestured towards the kids sitting at tables in front of theirs. 

Stan shook his head, leaning closer and pressing his lips to Bill's. Eddie saw them and jabbed his finger into Bill's shoulder obnoxiously, over Will's head. 

"N-not now." Bill pushed Eddie's hand away before kissing Stan again.

"Hey, lover boy." Eddie whispered. "Just because they can't see you doesn't mean we can't." 

"Or hear you for that matter," Will added. He and Eddie looked at each other and simultaneously mimicked the couple's kissing noises.  

Bill rolled his eyes and faced the movie screen instead. Stan groaned, re-connecting their hands. 

"Hey, don't come crying to me when everyone finds out about you too all because you can't keep your tongues to yourselves." Eddie raised his hands in defense.  

Will laughed, putting his hand over Eddie's mouth as the movie ran. "Shh, this is my favorite part." 

By their side, Richie was actively trying to join Bev and Elle's conversation. He noticed Bev's hair was a lot shorter but kept the information to himself for once, as he picked up on the fact that nobody else asked about it. It was unspoken but it seemed like that's what Bev wanted. 

Ben however didn't get the memo as he reached passed Mike to poke Bev on the arm. Bev met his gaze and he nearly swooned. "Bev, you're hair looks beautiful."

Bev smiled, thanking him. Mike shook his head as he was caught in between the two of them. "You're blushing." He said to Ben who frantically reached his hand up to feel his face. 

"Excuse me," Ben said standing up. "I'm gonna get something from my cabin."

"Take your buddy," Bev said nodding at Mike who was watching the movie once again. "You remember the rules."

Ben sighed, "It's okay. Mike's into the movie. I can just go alone." He hoped she'd volunteer to go with him but she seemed clueless as to what he was trying to elude. 

"Okay," Both Beverly and Mike said. Ben shook his head and walked out the door. He walked past the camp center slowly, kicking at rocks along the way. He heard rustling behind him. 

Turning towards the noise, Ben called for them to show their face.

"It's a nice movie, Egg boy." A voice sounded, Ben looked around for a sign of anyone outside. He was alone. "You know what would make it better?"

Ben gasped, rushing towards the cabins but the voice seemed to follow him along the way. 

"P-p-popcorn!" It giggled maniacally. "Do you like popcorn, egg boy?" 

Ben screamed, running from the voice only to  bump into a large figure in front of him. He stumbled, looking up to see a giant clown before him.

He screamed again, scrambling up and running back to the cafeteria.

"You're no fun." He heard the clown say from behind him. "I'll be back."

Ben glanced back to see the clown waving at him with a smile plastered on his face. 

"See you soon." The clown ran off into the darkness and Ben began to cry. 

  ➳ ➳ ➳ 

tired tired .. ok but if you guys like 80s music or 80s style music then follow my playlist on spotify. This is usually what I listen to when I write this. It's a bunch of my personal favorites. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/katharren/playlist/77wXmOvmk1WfD8hpyoAo7E

-kat 10/11/2017 @ 12:28 am