Chapter 13

"Jaz! They're almost here hurry up!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. I roll my eyes from my mother yelling that for the umpteenth time. I look in the mirror again to check if my outfit was okay looking.

"Just try it on Jaz."

"No! I don't wanna wear it." My mom rolls her eyes. I look at the small looking cotton white dress. The dress looks beautiful, but it'll just look bad on me.

"It'll look amazing on you, just try it!" By now my mom had already put the dress in my hand, forcing me into the bathroom. When I get inside the bathroom, I go to get out, but my mother blocks the doorway. I sigh in defeat.

"Fine I'll try it on, but I'm not wearing it!" My mother raises her brows in a challenge, a smirk slowly appearing on her beautiful face.

"Try me. I bet you got no other dress in that closet." She said, pointing back to my closet, which did not have any dress. "And when you figure that out, you ARE gonna end up wearing that dress." I just avoid her eye contact.

Why are mothers always right?

"And besides, your little boyfriend will love it." I feel my face heating up. My boyfriend?! Me and Damon are just friends...yeah..

"He's not my boyfriend! We're just friends. That's all." I say wailing my arms everywhere to make my point.

"You might think so, but when I saw that boy and mentioned your name, I bet he didn't think of it as just friends."

I just stand there, not knowing what to say. I go to close the bathroom door to change, but what I here makes me stop.

"I've been in love before, remember that."

I don't even know why I'm freaking out about this. He's just my friend who was invited to dinner with his parents. I still barely know, so I don't know why I'm going crazy about this. Maybe my time of the month is coming soon.

I shake my head at my crazy self and finally head down stairs. The faint smell of beef stew gets stronger the closer I get to the kitchen. My mom hums a song while placing the food on the dinner table we never use. There is a fake boque of roses in the middle of the table, giving off a somewhat elegant look. I smile at my mother while she fixes up the table.

You can tell she really tried to make this place look nice. I don't remember her talking to someone close to her age besides Avery's mom.

She's probably more nervous than I am.

Ding Dong!

My head snaps to the front door, where Damon and his parents are waiting behind. A shiver runs down my spine when I think of Damon.

He's probably wearing a dress shirt... wonder what underneath the shi-"

I stop my self before I go any farther. I see my mom go to the door with a big wide smile... which means she's nervous. She opens the door and eagerly welcomes them into the house. What I saw nearly made my knees buckle.

Damon was indeed in a black dress shirt with some gray slacks and dress shoes. His hair slightly gelled back, giving me the view to see his perfect sculpted face, which holds a sweet smile to my mom. I also see a woman next to him, which was his mom... But I thought his father was also coming..

I shrug at the thought.

He goes to give her a hug, which she eagerly except. When he catches me oggling at him, he winks at me, making me feel hot all the sudden.

He walks towards me, with his arms out. I look at him confused, still dazed from his wink. He raises a dark brow at me.

"Friends give hugs, right?" He says, repeating my words from earlier. I then wrap my arms around his waist, bringing me closer to him. I sniff his cologne in delight, almost losing my balance. When we release, I realize we have an audience, making my face become hot. With widen eyes, I look at my mother who gives me a smirk while Damon's mom says out loud "awwwwwwe". I look back at Damon, to see him giving me a sincere smile, sinking before he takes his seat. I then take my seat, realizing I was the only one standing.

While everyone was conversating and having a great time, the door bell rings, making the whole room quiet down.

I wonder who it is?

*
*
Omg.... this book is almost at 900 reads!!!!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT WE COULD REACH THAT HIGH!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

If you liked this chapter, you can 🌟 it!

If you want a shout out, just vote, Comment, etc.

Love ya

Lei-Bear