Seventeen

quick note!

hermione & narcissa have never met or seen each other before. they've obviously heard of each other, but that's it. in this story the whole torture thing with bellatrix in malfoy manor didn't happen.

. . .

"Danielle, Scorpius! Come on, we have to go," Draco called out to this children who were currently talking to their friends. "Grandma Cissa is waiting."

"Coming!" The four year olds called out, running up to where their mom and dad were standing by the platform.

"Okay, now Scorpius hold onto your dads hand. Danielle hold onto mine. Don't let go, okay guys?"

"Okay, mommy." The children said in unison, both grabbing onto a hand. Draco and Hermione then stepped through Platform 9¾ and out into Kings Cross Station.

. . .

The four arrived about two hours later at the Malfoy winter home in Wiltshire. Narcissa was waiting outside waiting to greet them having been told of their arrival from the gate keeper.

Hermione took in a deep breath, certainly worried about meeting the older woman and what she would think of her. Draco noticed this and wrapped a reassuring arm around her shoulder.

"She already loves you," he whispered into her ear. "I promise."

Hermione nodded her head shakily before the driver had opened the door, allowing her to fully take in the size of the house. The two children, clearly excited about being somewhere other than Hogwarts, rushed out of the car and out into the cold, snowy air.

"Scorpius, Danielle!" Hermione called out, but it was too late. The children had already run up the long walkway and to Narcissa, asking her a billon of questions.

Draco chuckled and put his hand on the small of her back, ushering her to finally start getting out of the car. The driver had already started moving their bags out from the back and was magicking them inside one by one.

The couple stood next to each other, Draco's cold hand holding Hermione's warm one. He slowly started to walk forward toward his mother, making Hermione move forward with him.

"Draco," she whispered, clearly anxious.

"I promise," he said.

With only a few more steps to go, Hermione started to internally prepare herself to meet the mother of her boyfriend and grandmother of their "children".

"Draco, love, how wonderful to see you!" Narcissa spoke warmly, a small smile written across her tight face. "You've certainly grown since the beginning of the year."

Hermione watched the witch embrace her son in a hug. It was extremely noticeable on how much Draco towered over her.

"And Hermione," Narcissa smiled, looking the witch up and down. "You're even more beautiful than what Draco described."

A blush spread across the young witches face. "Thank you Mrs. Malfoy, you have a lovely home."

"Please dear, call me Cissa," she insisted. "Mrs. Malfoy is way too formal. You're practically family!"

"Okay," Hermione smiled, looking out for her children who were currently playing in the snow that was scattered along the lawn.

"They're beautiful," Narcissa commented. "I mean, I know they're not real and all but just imagine if they were. Those would be some lovely looking children."

Hermione nodded in agreement. Her and Draco's genes definitely worked well together. She couldn't even begin to imagine what their actual, real children could look like.

. . .

"Danielle, Scorpius! It's time to open presents." Draco called out, waiting to hear the pounding of feet come down the stairs.

Hermione and Narcissa sat next to each other in the armchairs, talking about everything that was going on in the Wizarding World. The children came running down the stairs and into the sitting room that held the Christmas tree and all of the presents.

"Presents! Presents! Presents!" They cried out, running to sit next to all of them. "Can we open them?"

"Of course you can open them," Narcissa laughed. "Go ahead!"

The next hour and a half was spent opening presents and eating Christmas brunch before the four had to leave for Christmas dinner with the Granger's and the Weasley's.