4

Chapter Four

Gee Pov

I honked my horn at Mike who was taking all day in the salon. I don't know why he drove me here. I saw him jogging out and then he hopped in the car.

" Why you take me here?" I asked hoping for a response.

He didn't say anything.

" Man what happened? It's only been a year why you don't talk no more?" I asked as he was driving towards a little Chinese restaurant.

" Nothing needs to be said."Mike said nonchalant.

" I heard what happened to your son." I started remembering getting phone calls from Omar begging me to come back because he needed me.

" Don't- don't bring him up."  He said sternly slamming on the breaks.

" We ain't got to man calm down." I said.

We drove in silence until we pulled up in the parking lot waiting on Ted.

" Look man you know out of all these niggas you, me and Ted are the closest. I'm sorry to hear about your son but that shit don't mean shut everyone out."

Mike looked over at me in disbelief like he had so much to say but he just shook his head and hopped out his car slamming the doors.

Ted pulled up right on time. " What up !?" He said smiling as he hopped out his purple Challenger.

He wore a white T with all black cargo shorts and purple and black Foam Deposits

He wore a white T with all black cargo shorts and purple and black Foam Deposits. He wore a gold chain around his neck that had a Jesus piece on it. Mike on the other hand had on all white Ones , a red T shirt with red Nike jogging shorts, with a red Nike hat turned to the back, with a big Cuban link around his neck and a Rolex to match. I wore a blue ,grey and white Nike wind breaker jacket, grey sweats and blue retro Jordan 7's to match my jacket with a gold chain around my neck.

We all walked in and of course people stared at us and whispered things. Felt like I️ was home .

" Gee what up ?" The owner of the diner said.
" What's up " I️ said back as me and the boys sat in our usual spot , which was a booth in the corner in the back.

" Man same ole same ole. Haven't seen you in so long. I️ was missing my regular -"

" Missing them tips huh Will ?" Ted joked.

We all laughed.
" Alright Alright what Can I get for you gentlemen?" Will said calming his laughter down. I was definitely feeling home. Will was a very nice guy that me and my boys grew up around . We been coming to this diner for years.