Chapter One

"Good morning Dr Gibson, I left the case file on your desk."

"Thank you Julie," I quickly responded. I was in a rush to get to my office. I had received a call this morning from Dr. Terson saying that I was going to be getting a partner from the FBI. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. As soon as I sat down in my chair and picked up the case files my best friend Emma, burst through the door.

" Alice, there is someone in the lobby waiting for you, I think he is from the FBI and Dr Terson is with him. He is very good looking!" Emma exclaimed smiling like mad.

"Emma! You can't go around blurting things out like that!" I practically whisper yell at her. I couldn't resist laughing after she wiggeled her eyebrows at me. I started to turn in the direction of my office when Emma grabbed my arm.

"You can't just leave him waiting!" It was like Emma was more excited than me.

" I don't understand. Why do you care what impression I make on them? And what's so interesting about "Him" anyways?" I questioned getting slightly annoyed

"Just hurry up!" As Emma said as she ushered me towards my office but, my hair-tie snapped. Oh Great! I thought to myself. Now I'm going to take even longer. We were passing a large window that showed into the lobby. I stopped and looked for Dr. Terson. I finally spotted him and beside him stood a very tall and attractive male. He looked familiar but I couldn't quite tell from so far away.

"See what I'm talking about? Hurry up! You wouldn't want for him to become impatient..." Emma trailed off. I knew where this was heading so I quickly resumed my trip to my office. I couldn't have been more grateful for my office to be so close to the lobby. As I stumbled into my office, a very excited Julie ran to my side trying to tell me about the case file but I didn't pay any attention. Instead I rushed to the mirror at the side of my desk and began to fix my hair, then I proceeded to take of my jacket and brush of my dark jeans and black V-neck. My hair fell perfectly to the side. Content with how I looked I was about to exit when Julie interrupted my thought process with a

"You saw the man with Dr. Terson didn't you. That's why you're getting all dolled up!" Julie giggled, she couldn't have been louder!

" I hardly think fixing my hair and taking off my jacket counts as getting dolled up!" My attempt to defend myself was weak. I didn't care though because If I didn't hurry I wouldn't be working my dream job.

Emma quickly passed me a piece of gum and pushed me out the door. " Good luck sweetie!" She called out the door. I popped the piece of gum into my mouth and headed down to the lobby.

I walked through the lobby doors and headed directly to Dr. Terson. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter I'm very excited to be working on this story, I hope to make a regular schedule. Please let me know what you think! Big thanks to my Soul Sister and editor NightAngel2004! This story is dedicated to NightAngel2004 and is published in glory of her Birthday! Happy Sunday!