Chapter XXIV

Yeona's POV

The maids rushed in and started helping me choose a dress for the engagement ceremony.

I stood their emotionlessly while they kept arguing over what color would best fit me best.

Taehyung appeared in the room, wearing fancy clothing and a smirk as usual. "What a lucky man I am to have such a beautiful fiancée." He wiped off the smirk and shot me a fake smile "Could you give us a second?" He gestured at the maids who bowed and rushed out of the room each still carrying a few dresses.

He walked over to me and tried holding my hands but I quickly took a step back at pointed at him "don't even touch me. I'm only doing this to take control so don't get even more full of yourself than you already are." I snapped, still pointing at him.

His mouth opened and closed trying to find the right words until his gaze stopped on the finger I was pointing at him. He grabbed my arm and pulled it down "don't you know that pointing is rude?" He smirked again.

I rolled my eyes and demanded for the maids to come back in and Taehyung to go out. But before he left he pulled out one of his tricks.

"Oh and by the way, last night was amazing." He smirked and shot a wink before casually walking out. All the maids tried to contain their giggles but failed miserably.

I shot him a glare before he walked out "don't you have a job to do?" I put on the best poker face and they instantly went back to working.

3rd Person POV

Jungkook's mother, Jisu, sneaked him out quietly, since all the guards would immediately report it to Taehyung about their actions.

She looked around, making sure no one was there and gestured to Jungkook to follow her lead. They arrived at the small room, where the servants would usually stay in, which was a little hidden from the main castle.

He would be safe for now at least.

"They will be holding the engagement ceremony today. If you don't get her back today,

You'll lose her forever."

He chuckled at his mother's words and looked straight into her eyes "I'm not planning on failing, but here is what I am planning on doing."

He started explaining his ideas and plans and she helped him know where all the entrances and exits were located so that he could get in and out.

The Ceremony

Yeona stood in front of the same golden gates where all the parties and balls would be held. She sighed, knowing that there was no turning back now.

She walked in the ballroom the moment her name was announced, only to be met with thousands of well-dressed people, fancy decorations and the sound of clapping and cheering, followed by classic and calm music.

She walked down, her eyes spotting Taehyung whom was busy talking to someone she has never seen before.

Her eyes scanned the whole room, searching for one particular person that she knew wouldn't be here, but still kept hope.

Her eyes landed on the same spot she and Jungkook shared their first dance, and then at the dinner table where they first met.

Tears stared welling up in her eyes but she blinked the away, telling herself that he was now on his ship, far, far away. At least that's what she was told.