foreword

She knew from the day she turned ten that she was innocent. She didn't understand the things that the other kids knew. She was naive and pure in every way, and she would stay that way.

     He knew from the day that he first saw his father murder someone in cold blood that he was corrupted. He knew more things than the other kids his age even knew existed. He was vile and tainted in every way, and he would stay that way.

     But they were drawn to each other like the opposite poles of magnets. They were completely different, but that didn't stop them. That didn't stop the two from creating a relationship that was only held together by the frail thread of hope each partner contained.

     He hoped the most. He hoped the most because he was selfish, he was selfish and evil to want to keep her all to himself. But he didn't care because she was his, his girl. He didn't care if he had to die for her, and he would give her the world if she asked him to.

     She hoped, but deep inside she knew. Buried in that heart of gold that she possessed, she knew that he was bad for her. She knew that he was just like a drug, and she was the addict. She didn't want to be selfish, she wanted him to have the best, to be with someone just like him. She didn't know that she was what was best for him.

     But they couldn't be together.

     He was far too evil to taint such a beauty like her.

     But he would anyways, because he was and will always be selfish.

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

This is a mafia romance, with an age gap of ten years.  At the beginning of the story, the main female character, Genevieve, is only nineteen.  She is unrealistically innocent, naive, and beautiful.  The main male character, Giovanni, is brutish and cruel.  He does hurt Genevieve in the story, which I admit is disgusting.  I do not intend to make it seem as though domestic abuse is okay, because it isn't.  It is vile and revolting, but I've decided to incorporate it in my story.  It will not be as intense as some situations, but no matter how intense, domestic abuse is not tolerable.  There will be MATURE CONTENT so if you can't read that, don't.  There also will be PRIVATE CHAPTERS later on in the story that you will have to follow me to read.  I will notify you of the private chapter at the end of the chapter before it.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

E N J O Y