- Chapter Sixteen -

- Chapter Sixteen -

Damien stood up from his chair and walked towards the woman, still pointing his gun at her. The woman, paralyzed from her fear, watched him with wide eyes as her body uncontrollably trembled. Damien looked down at her with cold eyes while he said, "You're going to tell me what I want to know or else you're gonna get that pretty face of yours shot several times."

The woman nodded frantically. "I'll tell you anything! P-Please, j-just don't kill me."

Damien made no promises, it will all depend on what information the woman carries whether or not she survives. "Tell me. Do you know anything about the woman with the wolf's touch?"

The drunk woman looked confused and lost for a moment before her eyes lit up in recognition. She opened her mouth and allowed her words to spill out of her mouth...

~***~

Alina, looking refreshed, walked through the doors of her home quietly. The walk she had gone on relieved her stress and anxiety but it would only rise once again the following day. She didn't want to wake Isaiah if he was asleep so Alina left her shoes at the end of the staircases and walked up to her room. The house that she and Isaiah had gotten was a small two story home with three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a living room, and  kitchen. It was a perfect home for just them both. Alina was happy with their small home, and the fact that she doesn't have to worry about packs hunting her down.

Alina shut the door of her room silently and walked over to her bed. She flopped down onto her back and let out a relaxed sigh. Alina desperately wished for the roads leading into the mountains closed down due to a snow storm, but it seems that its taking longer for nature to freeze the lands.

Alina closed her eyes and lured herself into going to a dream she so desperately wanted.

Alina pictured herself young again, wearing a bright yellow dressed that complimented her brown waved of hair and her honey colored eyes. Her face was brimmed with happiness, her smile infectious. She was surrounded by her parents, who in her memory had fogged over, but in her imagination, it didn't matter because she still has that unconditional love for them. Life would have been completely different if her pack hadn't been attacked. She would have had a complete family with a life filled with happiness.

In her dream, she was a part of a pack, a pack that took care of one another. A pack that was seen as her family. A pack that defended each other. A pack that she never knew what it meant to be a part of.

Tears prickled at the corners of Alina's closed eyes. The realization hitting her hard. She never once thought about how empty it feels like to be pack-less. She had always been focused on her and Isaiah's survival. They had always been running, hiding, never once thinking about integrating in a pack. Of course it was because of Alina's special abilities. But if she hadn't had any... Then she would have found another pack, a pack that would have happily accepted her with open arms after her own pack's demise. Her ability had secluded her from the werewolf world.

Alina wiped the corners of her eyes and sat up in her bed. Looking around, she was content on how her life has turned out, but that little feeling of being pack-less will forever sadden her. She had family, yes, but it was only Isaiah. That wasn't enough to fill her animalistic side, the side in which that wanted to be part of something. Part of a tight community in which they all looked after tone another. Just like the one in her short dream she just had.

Alina pushed herself off the bed and entered her bathroom. She needed the shower to calm herself. She needed to get a hold of herself, she's crumbling without even realizing it. Where had these thoughts come from? Alina had been content until lately... where she was left alone for way too long to allow her mind to wander into treacherous thoughts.

Alina fisted her hands at her side while cold water fell over her entire body. Isaiah had encouraged her to open up the clinic to help fellow rouges keep their sanity, but is it costing her own sanity to become weak?

~***~

The following day came way too soon for Alina's liking. After her shower the night before, Alina pushed all her negative thoughts away and turned to the bright side of life. She didn't want to feel lonely when she wasn't lonely at all.

Walking down the steps after her morning routine, she saw Isaiah in the kitchen making breakfast. Alina smiled warmly at the smell of cinnamon buns. Isaiah loved to treat her as a little kid all the time. He once even thought about having Alina do arts and crafts one time on one of her days off. She had laughed at him but nonetheless still attempted at doing arts and crafts with him. That day, they had made a treehouse out of popsicle sticks and painted them colorfully. Both tree houses now hang in the backyard on the closest tree to the house.

Alina sat down on a barstool and greeted Isaiah. "Morning Izzy."

Isaiah turned sideways towards her and smiled. "Morning Li. How was yesterday's walk? You came home late."

Alina rolled her eyes at his overprotectiveness. "It was refreshing, I need to go out and take my wolf on walks more often."

Isaiah hummed in agreement then he turned the stove off. He grabbed the large plate filled with cinnamon buns and brought them over to the table. I got off the barstool and took a seat at the small round table. Isaiah had already set up the table therefore Alina took two buns and set them on her own plate while Isaiah poured coffee in a cup in front of her. Alina's heart swelled at how attentive her foster dad is. He tries very heard to keep her youth intact knowing how well she had to grew up quickly at a young age. Perhaps it was irreversible but he knew how to make her feel like a kid and it always feels great to Alina.

Isaiah sat down to join her.

Soon they were both chewing and laughing as they talked the morning away. Alina's worries momentarily forgotten.

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N        Posted: (11-13-17)

I momentarily had writer's block but as you can see, I overcame it. This chapter was more about delving into Alina's mind and how she feels about being pack-less. The next chapter is where the fun begins, which will be coming soon!

Hope you guys are enjoying the story.

Please Comment & Vote!