Chapter 2:

Peyton walks past us and I watch her go. I see her hug her boyfriend that is the head football player of the school team. He has shaggy black hair, brown eyes, a tan, and is stocky. She kisses him. I look away from them and look back at my friends. Mat is staring at Payton's boyfriend. I snap my fingers infront of his face. He  looks at me and says

"what?"

"Oh nothing just the fact that you are checking out the head jock of the school. If you ain't careful you know danm well that you will have a line of jocks waiting to beat your ass."

"You are over reacting. Not to mention all of the danm jocks are scared as hell of me and John would probably like being my boyfriend."

Heather laughs and says, "You wish bud. I think it is crazy that you guys have a crush on the most popular people in school. They are queen and king of this school so even if they were gay they wouldn't tell anyone. You guys have no hope at all with either one of them."

I roll my eyes and say, "Thanks for that. Just so you know I don't ever expect to be with Peyton but that doesn't mean I can't have a crush on her."

She nods and lets it drop. I finsh my breakfast and as I do the bell rings indicating that we have five minutes before school starts. I get up and waive bye. I walk to my first class which is history. I walk in and sit up front. Peyton walks in and walks to the back of class. The teacher walks in when the next bell that indicates that class is starting goes off.

She says, "Good morning class. Today you guys will be partnered up to start a project. The project is you have to pick a country to do a report on. This project will make up half of your grade. It's not really all that much about the reading part it is more about the presentation. You can also hand out class work and homework for the class to do. You also have to at least be infront of the class for 30 minutes and the most time will be an hour. You will have to let me know how long you are planning on doing your report for though. You have a month to work on your project. Ok now I'm going to start pairing you guys together. Austin with Harley, Lane with Clark, Abby with Peyton."

After that I stop listening to what she is saying because I'm really excited. I can't believe Peyton is acutely my partner like for real what are the odds. I feel a hand on my arm. I look up and have to catch my breath. Peyton is standing next to me. She says, "Umm so I guesse we have to decide what country we are doing for the project but we have an hour to decide so I'm just gonna let you pick what we do. So I'm just gonna do other stuff while you decide oh and by the way you will be doing all of the work for the project."

"No this is how it is going to be we will decide what country we want and we will do the project together, or I will just tell the teacher that I want to work alone forcing you to do all of the work on your own."

She rolls her eyes and says, "Fine what about we do our project on Ireland?"

I nod and say, "I actually like that idea. Where do you want to work on the project at."

"How about your place because mine is having work done on it."

I nod and say, "Ok that will work for me."

She starts texting and I start reading until the five minute bell rings. The teacher asks everyone what country they picked and we were the only ones that picked Ireland. I then leave and go to my other class.

_____________________________________

At lunch I get my food and then go find Heather and Mat. I sit down at our table.

"Guess what happened in class today."

They look at me and see how excited I am. They say what at the same time.

"Yours truly got partnered with Peyton for a class project and she is coming to my house later on."

Mat says, "Omg that is so exciting."

Heather says, "It's not like anything will happen."

"Don't rain on her parade."

"It's fine I already know that nothing is going to happen but I'm still excited about it."

They nod.

Please comment or vote if you like it.