Chapter 47

Hey guys!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I last updated, a close friend of mine got kicked out of the house by his parents so I was helping him out quite a bit and have been spending the majority of my time helping him and making sure he's okay and gets what he needs!

But I've slowly been working on this chap the whole time, it's a good chapter and the chapters following this one are going to blow all of your minds, so hang in there!

After this short absence I plan to keep updating on a weekly basis, thank you for your patience, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Thank you to all of my lovely readers for coming here and reading, voting and commenting!

***

Draco's POV -

Out of all of the horrendously miserable events I'd endured throughout the past year or so, finding Jennifer's motionless body strewn across the dark corridor floor was perhaps the worst.

After she still hadn't shown up to my dorm an hour after we'd planned, I decided to head out and scavenge the corridors.

I know Jennifer, and I know that forgetting to meet me is something she simply wouldn't do. I also know that she's rather curious and doesn't have all that much self control, which is why the corridors were the first place in which I decided to look.

Despite the small twinge of worry blossoming in my chest, I knew I'd find her somewhere, and when I did, I fully intended to tell her off; she knew fully well that wandering the corridors alone at night was unsafe, especially in a dangerous time such as this one.

But as I take sight of the seemingly lifeless body draped across the cold floor, red curls glistening in the silver light of the moon, my heart seems to falter.

It's as if every emotion has been sucked out of me - fear, hope, love, anger, all of them. I feel hollow; consumed by emptiness.

It's like the world around me has failed to exist.

I can't feel the air moving in and out of my lungs, only a painful lump in my chest that I can't quite explain. My eyes won't blink; I can't force them away from her unnaturally pale face.

I must stand there for far too long, in a trance-like state as I wait for her to sit up and rub those big green eyes that I've spent endless hours looking into, even just a twitch of the hand or head, something - anything.

But there's nothing.

I think that I say her name, but my voice is such a quiet and raspy croak that I'm not sure I do.

She stays still, so still, and finally, I gain control over my body again.

I stumble over to her motionless figure as if my legs are broken, and collapse beside her.

Uncontrollably trembling, my fingers brush loosely snarled locks of red out of her face. My eyes move everywhere over her, tears spilling onto my cheeks as I feel my lip quiver into an ugly cry.

"Jen-" I begin, but swallow, unable to finish the word without completely crumbling. It feels like there's a hard stone lodged in my throat, maybe the size of a walnut. "-Jennifer?" 

Another moment, in which my heart feels as though it's being torn apart piece by piece - and at last, I come to my senses.