Decisions

Ju Long held his breath in and looked at his Wife again.  This time the dark black aura was still there but it wasn't as scary as the first time he saw it.  He made a loud gulping sound then opened his mouth to speak, but was suddenly stopped by the butchers knife that was pointed at him. 

"Sit down." Sya said as she stared down at the simmering food on the stove.  "And be quiet. Make another noise and I'll kick you out!" 

Ju Long nodded his head up and down quickly, in compliance but before he left, he kissed the palm of his hand then blew the kiss towards Sya.  Sya watched silently with her right eyebrow twitching. 

That fool!  Sya thought as she went back to cooking.  If he found out who she truly is, he would leave her in a heartbeat.  He wouldn't want anything to do with her.  He would leave and never look back.  Sya sighed again, before going back to work. 

As all the dishes were set out on the tables that were pushed together. All Seven Shade Hunters, Ju Long and his three guards with Ai and Sya sat down for a late night dinner.

Ai had coordinated the seating so Sya would sit next to Ju Long. Sya stared at Ai with daggers in her eyes as she walks in the room with the Red Braised Hen and places the dish in the middle of the table.

"Wife!~~~~" Ju Long said as he waved Sya over and push the chair back for Sya to sit down. "Everything smells delicious! You worked so hard to feed us, let Husband take care of you."

Sya sat stiffly and straight in her seat as Ju Long grabbed some green sautéd vegetables from a dish and placed it on her rice bowl. Then he grabbed some steamed fish and picked out all the bones, before placing the deboned fish on her bowl as well.

Sya stared at Ju Long the whole time, as he picked out the vegetables and the fish out for her. Her heart was beating loudly as she watched him give her the food.  No one has ever given her food into her bowl before.  No one has fed her before like he has.  No one was ever so considerate towards her before. 

Her heart became tight as she stared down at her bowl. 

"Wife! ~~~". Ju Long said as he leaned into her space.  "Eat! Eat!  Before everyone eats all your delicious food and before it gets cold!" 

Ju Long then grabbed  some fish and some rice onto his chopsticks then proceeded to feed her. 

"Ahhhhh! ~~~~~"  Ju Long said as he too opened his mouth to encourage her to open her mouth. 

Sya opened her mouth slowly and Ju Long put the food into her mouth then pulled out the chopsticks to place the chopsticks into his mouth. 

Ju Long smiled widely as he stares at Sya as she chew on the food he just gave her.  He sucks on the chopsticks as if he could taste her on them. 

Sya's cheeks flush pink in embarrassment as she stared at the same spot on the table for a long time.

Truthfully it felt nice having someone other than those who were chosen to serve you, take care of you. Someone who was once a stranger, who has now become a shameless man, look after her.

She never had that before. She didn't know the funny feelings that came along with it.  How her stomach felt like it had butterflies fluttering around inside of it. 

Ju Long smiled brightly at her as if he could read her thoughts.  He smiled silently to himself before encouraging her to eat.

"Wife must eat as well! Wife must keep wife's strength up so Wife can fight off other admirers who want wife's hand in marriage and other admirers who wants Husband's hand in marriage!" Ju Long said as he grabbed more food from Sya's bowl and fed her.

Sya's mouth opened automatically for him to push the food in without him even asking.

"Husband will only marry this talented Wife that knows how to cook Husband's favorite food! And Wife will only marry this Husband who will eat her food!" Ju Long declared.

Suddenly Ju Long could feel a lot of eyes on his body. He tilts his head to the side and sees every Shade Hunter eyes on him and he holds in the shiver that runs through him.

Instead of shying away from it, he places a cheshire smile on his lips and stares back at them with his convictions and determination to woo their lady that one by one, they were the ones who looked away. 

Sya sits silently as she watches the interactions between the two groups.  Her Shade Hunters were protecting her virtue and honor.  While the shameless Ju Long wanted her hand in marriage.

Sya stayed quiet as she ate, letting Ju Long put food in her bowl.  After dinner, when she placed her chopsticks down, the rest of her Shade Hunters and Ai finish as well. 

"Leave us." Sya said as she stared at her people. 

"You too." Sya said as she stared at Ju Long's guards.  

Everyone quickly got up and left the two of them alone.  Words were needed to be said between them.  Decisions were needed to be made.  She had enough of his foolishness, it was time to talk to him and put a stop to his shameless nature.