Magic

The blazing sun showers the gardens and landscapes in the water sanctuary while birds chirp delightful melodies that wake-up Camille's senses. She fights her heavy eyelids and the comfort of a cloud-like pillow against her cheek. Wrapped in the warmth of a silk blanket, Camille feels in heaven, and the moment this thought crosses her mind, her eyes snap open. Abruptly jumping out of bed, the idea that she dies is a much more logical possibility than the idea that she's in a different world.

"Could it be possible," Camille stands in the middle of the room. She pats her cheeks and forehead, trying to find any changes from the day before. The sunlight makes its way through the glass door. Camille stands still as she looks at the reflection staring back at her. The thought of her soul being the one wandering around this paradise doesn't seem to be wrong at all. Wondering about the possibility of someone finding her body can be lying somewhere in Primavera Town while her soul is the one looking back at her now. That may be her mother found her, or even Adam. What if she drowned in the lake that night?

Remembering a soft voice calling out her name while sleeping, Camille wonders if the so-called God of Water will ever appear and maybe tell her the truth, is she dead? "Or what?" she hesitates to even speak her thoughts out loud.

The thought of never getting to see her family again is devastating. Her mother's desperate expression tortures her inside. What if she doesn't get the chance to explain why she couldn't make it to Paige's house. "Mom..." a faint word escapes her lips. Thinking about her family also brings other memories. The image of Adam's gentle eyes looking at her makes her heart shudder. She needs answers. She can't sit around waiting for someone she's not even sure is real. She needs to know if she'll go back or if she will be lost forever. "Forever..." the word sinks in as she grows impatient with the uncertainty.

Azzel promised to accompany her to his master's tower, but she's ready, and she doesn't want to wait anymore. Following the same hallways she recognizes from the night before, Camille makes it to the front gardens without difficulties. But just like the first time, Camille stops, astonished to see how celestial this world actually is; she's still not used to seeing fish floating in thin air, mixed with birds, butterflies, and even tiny fairies. Tiny and beautiful creatures with fins and wings that leave behind a trail of glitter. Wild sounds echo beyond the waterfall, where the giant forest expands to the unknown. Guided by the curious fairies, Camille takes another route to explore further into the enchanting sanctuary.

Lost and unaware of where she's going, Camille stops in front of an old building that stands alone beside the cliff. Dark and rusty, almost hiding in the back of everything colorful. Camille looks back to realize that she's alone again. All the creatures following her have vanished, which makes her hesitate for a moment.

"Please do come on in," an overly friendly voice echoes behind the giant door. Camille jumps back at the sudden sound. "Do not be afraid. I will not hurt you." The unexpected invitation sounds polite, but Camille can sense a hit of mischievousness hiding in it. Still, before she can make a decision, the door rumbles open as a sudden blast of cold wind smacks pushes her back. A place gloomy that doesn't match anything in the sanctuary, Camille glances back but stops at the sound of flirtatious giggles rebounding in the cave, giving her immediate goosebumps.

"Come on in, my lady." Several female voices chant in unison, which makes her curious. She's hasn't seen any women besides the fairies, which are mixed. Forcing her brain to keep her fear inside, Camille sighs, giving in to the temptation.

She grips on her dress as she drags it forwards. A faint aroma of mint and cinnamon soothes the air inside. She can hear her footsteps echoing in the darkness, but she can't see anything else besides a dim fountain of light that sits beside a rusty window. Curious to know why the sun doesn't seem to reach this tower, she looks outside the window where the ocean glitters below the cliff.

"Hello?" Camille fixes her long curls behind her ears and clears her throat as her eyes discreetly scan the almost empty room. It's dark, but not like an abandoned house would be. There's something unique in the way the dust particles illuminate the darkness in this world. It's strangely medicinal and soothing to her soul.

"Blazers, please, let us show some courtesy." A distinctly male voice scold. As he comes into full view in front of Camille, making her topple back in shock. "My apologies, my lady. It was not my intention to startle you." His seductive tone makes her reluctant as he reaches out to help her. Her eyes fall of the three dazzling orbs floating behind this man.

"Welcome, my lady." The trio of singing sirens greets her politely as they take form. Her eyes widen as their unique appearance takes her by surprise. Three mystical creatures strut forward, hypnotizing her soul with their golden glow and fascinating gaze. Their perfectly sculptured bodies showered in bronze, gold strings as tress floating without gravity.

"Thank you..." Camille tries to match their politeness level, but she's too surprised by the fact that these women are completely naked in front of her. But strangely, their inner glow seems to be a source of light in the dark tower.

Camille turns her attention back to the man as he bows in reverence. A man who's just as tall as Kaiden but not as mesmerizing. Half of his face is covered by a mask, a mask of the same material the women's body seems to be made of. "My name is Silvanus. I am a servant and adviser of his majesty, and these, these are Blazers." He bows down just like Kaiden and Azzel had done before. Camille is caught up because his exposed eye is slightly as mysterious as the rest of him. There's no sclera visible, not like an average human would have. In its place, there's only a pupil without iris or anything. The corner of his mouth curls up as he smiles in a malicious way that makes Camille uncomfortable. Although it matches his appearance perfectly, his bulky jumpsuit, fitted with a golden high waist belt, hugs his masculine figure in a way that he looks attractive even when there's an air of darkness surrounding him.

"Blazers?" Camille wonders out loud, looking at the shining girls as one of them spreads her arms out, and like magic, the room becomes lighter. Everywhere they turn, they light up the way like live torches.

"If I am correct, humans call them shooting stars," Silvanus explains. Camille's eyes widen in shock. She watches the beautiful women dance their way into a mountain of cushions. To think that they can fly across the sky, leaving behind that magical trail of light that humans think it's a shooting star. "No way..." Camille whispers in disbelief. She's completely captivated by the dazzling girl while she makes her way towards her. "I'm sorry. I'm Camille." She finally introduces herself, still forgetting to bow like they had done for her.

"Oh, we know who you are," Silvanus tells her with an impish smirk that awakens an uneasiness in Camille's heart. The Blazer smiles as she hands her a teacup.

"We know who you are," she repeats in a warning tone that alarms her.

"Thank you," Camille says under her breath. She can't take her eyes away from the mysterious form of her eyes.

"Would you sit with me for tea?" Silvanus requests pointing at a ceramic table set right in front of the giant window with the ocean view in front of them. The white sand of the beach shines with the afternoon sun. The water looks calm as the seagulls make their way into the air. Silvanus seems amused by Camille's struggle with their politeness. "Go ahead." he encourages, pointing at a chair, which he magically pulls back with a little blast of wind.

She flinches at the sudden display of magic, looking up at his one mysterious eye. Silvanus smiles and nods, encouraging her to sit. "Sugar?" One of the Blazers asks as she opens an elegant ceramic container with sparkling cubes of sugar.

Her eyes widen with surprise, but she manages to politely decline. Silvanus silently analyzes her perplexed spirit. He can see she has a hard time adapting to the drastic change. The Blazer turns to him as he takes two cubes for himself. "To regain energy to travel the universe, his majesty has prepared this tower as a resting spot for the Blazers. As you can see, there is a barrier that keeps the sun away." Silvanus explains as the three girls curl up against each other, like cats, they close their bright eyes, and their light disappears as well.

"Seriously, when am I going to get used to this?" She murmurs mostly to herself. Taking a cautious sip of the tea, she relaxes as the liquid makes its way down her throat.