Chapter XXV

Jungkook's eyes were burning holes into Taehyung's and Yeona's bodies as he tried walking over to them but was stopped by his mother's hands.

She started shaking her head "Not now, Jungkook." She teared up once she saw how broken and desperate he was.

"That's the person I love and I'm not watching so freely, how she is taken away from me... again." He sighed and tried to gently get out of his mothers grip but she kept holding on.

"Jungkook, you will get killed. You can't lose her but I can't lose you. Please be patience and go with the plan."

He sighed again and looked up at where they were standing only to see the both of them gone.

His eyes darted around the room, trying to look for Yeona who disappeared within seconds but instead saw as Taehyung was making his way over to him and his mother, in a slow and calm pace and of course a smirk taking over his features.

"I saw Yeona leaving from the exit to the left, go now and I will distract him." She said and gestured for Jungkook to leave with her hands.

Jungkook nodded and hid behind the crowd of people, sneaking away and leaving, finding himself in an empty hallway.

Yeona was walking in the hallway, wiping away the remaining tears that stained her cheeks.

She was engaged, but not with the person she wanted or loved.

The moment she was about to turn the corner and enter her bedroom, a hand was placed on her mouth blocking all the screams and yells that came from her lips.

She started kicking and punching but the person didn't seem to mind as he kicked her bedroom door open, walking in while still having her in his arms and locking the door.

He let go off her and pushed her to the wall, staring deeply into her eyes while his own started burning and watering up.

"You." He spoke and pointed a finger at her, inching his body closer to hers "You destroyed me the second you left. Why are you hurting me even more than you already have?!" He yelled, trying to stay calm so that the passing people didn't hear him. At least he was trying.

"Can't you see what you're doing to me? Can't you see how shattered I am? How incomplete I am? I'm bleeding! I'm dying while breathing but you don't seem to notice nor care!" As much as he tried keeping his tears back, one drop somehow managed to escape and roll down his cheek.

"I-I have no choice..." she averted her eyes, not wanting to see or believe that she was the reason behind his tears.

"Look at me..." he whispered but she kept looking everywhere but him.

"Look at me!" He yelled, grabbing her chin in between his thumb and forefinger "Do you see how shattered I am? Congratulations. You have achieved your promise and mission.

You, Lee Yeona. You have successfully destroyed me, and nothing can heal me now. My only medicine is you."

"J-Jungkook?" She whispered and caressed his cheek, tears dropping so freely from her eyes as well.

"I l-love y-you. Why can't you just accept that? Believe that? Notice that?" He stuttered. He had never felt so weak and vulnerable against anyone.

He dropped down to his knees "You're choking me... Yeona... Please. Love me or just kill me now... No pain can replace the one you're putting me through."

"If that's the price to pay for loving you, I'm willing to die for you." He whispered.

"Ju-ungkook... I-"

She stuttered, a knot forming in her throat as she was unable to release any words or even breath properly.

"You used to call me selfish. But you only care about yourself, when you are aware of what you're doing to me... It's eating me alive, burning my soul, knowing that you're in his arms,

That you belong to him."

"I don't belong to him, J-jungkook." She's managed to choke out the words, tears upon tears streaming down her eyes.

"Then why can't I call you mine yet?" He stood up, looking into her eyes and down at her lips.

"I-I don't know..." her thoughts were scattered and only thing she could focus on were his eyes and lips.

"Just come with me. Please. You got your revenge. You broke me, and now you have to fix me." He whispered.

"I can't come with you, Jungkook. I have an empire to build..." she whispered back, their lips only inches away.

Her words made him burn up as he couldn't handle his own rage and punched the wall next to her head.

She got startled, moving away from the wall as she saw the fire in his eyes. He was furious.

"God dammit, Yeona! Why are you so blind!?" He yelled and grabbed her shoulders "I need you. Why can't you just say that you need me too!? Because I know you do! It's killing me how he kisses the lips that once were mine! Killing me how he's holding you in his arms when I was the one who's supposed to be by your side! I hate it all!" He looked down at her lips "I hate it all..." he repeated and whispered.

Silence took over the room once again as the both would change their gaze from one another's lips to their eyes.

Jungkook ran out of patience and gently pressed his lips on hers, which she immediately responded to.

The warmth of their bodies wrapped around them as they both melted into the kiss. The kiss they both wanted to share ever since they were separated.

They pulled away once a loud knock was heard outside.

"Yeona! Open the door!"

Taehyung yelled.

It was over now.

Well at least,

That's just what they thought.

- - -

It's not the end just yet...