|•VI•|

~Zodia's POV~

"Lineage and prophecy? What are you talking about?"

Cor didn't say a word as he opened the door with a strange pendant.

Looking closely at the trinket, I saw all twelve zodiacs decorating the front of the beautiful object

Looking closely at the trinket, I saw all twelve zodiacs decorating the front of the beautiful object. The door opened slowly and revealed a dark corridor.

"Talk about dark," Prompto said.

"This is more than dark," Noctis comments.

"Lights on," Ignis said.

"Right behind ya," Gladio states, turning on his flashlight. Being the only one without a flashlight, I stuck to Ignis' side as we delved into the darkness right behind Cor. Tons of paths branched off, but Cor ignored them. It's as if he's been here before. I decided to keep my questions buried until we reach what Cor wishes for us to see.

"You'd think this place would be crawling with daemons because of the darkness," Prompto comments with a slightly relieved tone.

"Daemons do not spawn in this place because of the magic protecting the ruins. You will not find daemons, unless the protective barrier is shattered from the inside," Cor explained.

"Of no one lives here, who's stabilizing the barrier?" I ask.

"Your presence on Eos keeps the barrier stable."

"Not possible. I don't know any magic or a single spell," I said.

"You're more capable of magic than any other being on the entirety of Eos."

As I took in his words, we entered a large chamber. The darkness subsides, revealing thirteen statues. Twelve of them surrounded us in a circle while the last one stood in the middle of the room. Trying to get my bearings, I leaned against the nearest wall. When I did, a surge of white crystals scattered from my palms and began tracing the carvings on the wall. The pure light fills all the intricate carvings and illuminates the room with a warm presence.

As the room lit up, I was able to see the statues more clearly. The twelve surrounding us were of all the zodiacs, depicting each beings' appearance. When I moved my gaze to the final statue, I gasped in shock with wide eyes.

"I-it looks just like Zodia," Prompto said in a shaky voice. Cor stood next to the statue that resembled me, keeping his eyes on me. "Zodia Xylia Caelum, reincarnation of Cassiopeia, the Queen and daughter of Orion, the Hunter. Known as the Daughter of the Zodiac, you wield the power to summon all twelve spirits of the zodiac to aid you in battle. With the power of the staff His Majesty has entrusted you with, use your abilities to help the ascension of the rightful king and end the Starscourge."