[15] Double Dating With Mr. Player

Chapter 15

I glanced at the clock that hung on the wall facing my bed. It was soon going to be six in the evening. I am supposed to meet Dylan, Stacey and someone else (who I think is probably a guy) at this restaurent. Now what was it called...?

Whatever! It doesn't really matter since I'm not even going.

Yeah, you heard me right. Even though I promised Dylan that I would, I'm not going and ditching him. Yeah, I know it'll make him really angry and what not. But I just can't go. So no way! I closed my eyes and simply layed down on the bed. I could go and maybe I should. I mean I don't really have any work, but I just don't want to.

I peeked a look at the clock. It's six already. Great! Everyone must be waiting for me and any second now Dylan would call...

Don't stop make it pop

DJ blow my speakers up

Tonight, Imma fight

Till we see the sunlight

Tik Tok On the clock

But the party doesnt stop no...

Like I said. I glanced at my phone and saw it was Dylan. Ha! Now what did I say?

Kesha's Tik Tok kept ringing and I ignored his first call, but when he called a second time, I gave an exasperated sigh and took the call.

"What?!"

"Where are you?" he asked, annoyance clear in his voice.

"In the milky way galaxy" I said and hung up.

I don't know why I annoy Dylan, but whatever it's fun, so who cares?

He called again and I took the phone this time too. I mean I didn't want to exactly piss him off.

"What now?"

"You're ditching me, right?"

"Maybe..." I said in a sing-song voice.

I could sense him getting irritated, like he was about to say something, but he didn't. Then he finally said.

"Get ready Alex, I'm coming for you" he said.

He hung up.

Nah! He's not coming...right?

Right?

Right!

I closed my eyes contently and shuffled a bit in my bed. No way Dylan is coming.

****

Ding Dong!

My eyes popped open. Did I just imagine it or was it the bell? I stared at the clock 6:20 PM.

Ding Dong!

Nope! Not imagined. I rubbed my eyes. So much for a little sleep.

"Coming!" my mom's chirpy voice came as she headed for the door. The noise of a door opening came. I couldn't hear what she was saying but she was talking to whoever was there.

I froze. Could it be Dylan afterall? Had he really came?

I heard footsteps. Someone was coming. I wasn't taking chances. I glanced around my room. Where to hide? Yeah, I had to hide! But where?

Aha!

I jumped off my bed and almost fell down. The footsteps were coming closer...and closer...

I crossed my fingers and held my breath.

Bang!

The door opened with a bang and behold, there stood Dylan the player himself, with devilish smile playing on his lips. His eyes scanned the room intently, and when he noticed I wasn't there, his smirk faltered. As if considering he was in the correct room, he glanced at the door.