Chapter 9 Not good at this

"Morning dear" Jenny greated me with a warm smile.

"Morning Mrs.Tatum" I greated her back.

"Oh please , call me Jenny" I nod and gave her a smile as we walked to the study.

My mom poured some coffee for us and I felt so out of place ,especially drinking coffee . I mean I drink coffee but prefer hot chocolate or even tea above it . It just had this bitter after taste that only grown ups could love .

Anyway,  I don't know what to do or even how to plan a wedding nor where to begin so this was a new kind of awkward for me.

It's not like school teaches you anything useful you could use in life like how to plan a wedding . No , we got taught about Parabolas and  how to find x . Seriously !? That's not useful , at all !

"So Tiffany , any ideas on maybe a color scheme or theme ?" Jenny asked . I thought for a moment and shrugged.

"Not really , but I do like the colours turqoise and purple and I've always loved Paris ... " I looked over to my mom and Jenny seeing them both with a blank expression on their faces . "I don't know I guess I'm not good at this , maybe it's best if you and mom decide,  you have more experience in this than I do "

I bowed my head and looked at the floor from embarrassment. Jenny gave my hand a gently squeeze and  another warming smile "Quite the contrary I like the Paris idea , love ! It's the perfect theme and turqoise and purple are just the best colours to match your theme"

I smiled knowing you know what maybe I can do this after all.

"I agree with Jenny , that sounds like a wonderful idea, good job honey " my mom said proudly.

We talked for hours after that  and what we accomplished was

the cake-  4 layerd chocolate          brownie with cookies and cream filling

my dress - appointment next week

venue - the church in 5 th Avenue with the large garden

guestlist - still deciding

Wedding date - 21 st September

Decor - ordered

Bridesmaids - Chosen

Invitation - designed

Rings fitting - appointment made

And if I have to say so myself I kind of enjoyed it . It was like if I was in charge. I said what I wanted and they wrote it down and said yes. I liked being in charge for a change. Made me feel that I atleast had some say in this thing . It made me feel powerful . Granted it not a lot but hey , I got to choose what it looked like atleast.  It's  a start right?  I mean beggars can't be choosers ?

Show me your love and Like comment and vote.  ❤😊