Chapter 15 Don't be naïve

Soon after breakfast I went out to meet Veronica and Josh - my bestfriends - to discuss a plan on what to make for dinner .

I wanted to impress him sinced he made my favorite breakfast - without even knowing it .

I entered Starbucks and saw my besties waiting for me .
"Hey guys!"
I said as they engolved me in a group hug.
"Tiff , I missed you . You've been so scarce lately" Veronica said looking upset

I sighed knowing it was true - I have been busy lately and school isn't the best place to come looking for me , if you know what I mean - so I decided to tell them the whole arranged story .

They sat there silent staring at me as if I was going mad or something .

"Wow , that's ... rough "
Was all Josh could say.

I gave them a small smile trying not to show much emotion towards the situation but enough to let them still know what I'm feeling towards this.

I know that  it's starting to get better , I'm starting to get used to his company and we somewhat understand eachother but,  I still didn't have any control over any of this , and that's what sucked .

After a long awkward silience- not getting any response in return - I came to the point . The reason I came ; to brainstorm ideas.

See , it might seem that I have no idea what I'm doing but really I've thought this out .Veronica was a master at cooking and Josh was my insight to a guy's mind. So I had the best possible team here  and was 110% sure that this was going to the be the best dinner ever .

After much contemplation - and thorough thinking -  we decided to make homemade Lasagne and freshly baked rolls . I remember this - from our game of 20 questions - that  italian food was his favorite .

We payed for our drinks and head to the supermarket , before heading home to begin with the preparations. 

As soon as we got home we started preparing it immediately - no time can be wasted .

Luckily for me I had  my besties to help me and he was out on some grooms duty thing with his dad. So I had quite some time to prepare and set up.

After almost 2 hours of hard work the place looked amazing and the food even better . I satisfiedly looked down at my creation , smiling . I can't believe I did this .  Now all I had to do was wait for his arrival . I was so excited and anxiously awaiting him to get here already ! You see , spending the whole day preparing this - with him in mind - I came to the realization that ; I think I was finally ready to admit to him that I'm inlove with him .

*3 hours later *

He's now officially 3 hours late and I was starting to get worried . So I decided to text him and find out what's going on

T- Hey , just wondering how long your going to be . I made dinner so... let me know

No reply - and it's been a while-  he always awnsers my texts right away what was going on ?

Why was he ignoring me ?

So I had to call , I had to know , this was killing me not knowing what was going on . I just had to call and see if he's okay , what if he got hurt or arrested  ? My mind was totally running away with me so I just did it . I pressed dail .

After the 3rd ring the phone was awnserd.

"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to bother you I was just wonderi-" when i was  cut off
" Huh ? Who are you ?"
I froze right there at the female voice on the other end of the line .

Why does she have his phone ?

where is he ?

That's when realization  hit me like a bowling ball to the gut.

Maybe his cheating on me or in this case cheating on her with me. 

He doesn't love me anymore and probably never did .

Maybe this was all an act he put up , a facade , fooling everyone,  including me .

"Hello ?"
She spoke again making me realize I didn't hang up .

There and then  I ended the call  , blew out the candles and threw away the food and cried.

I curled up into a corner and cried my eyes out. I cried into my sleeve , my mascara staining my rosy cheeks .

I couldn't believe it , how could  I be so naïve and stupid ?

Show me your love and Like comment and vote.  ❤😊