Say GoodBye

Esme lunged forward grabbing Keith's arm. Her hands shook as she screamed, "help me get him up!".

Kaya grabbed Keith's other arm and they both dragged him up to safety.

Keith's limp body rolled slowly over as Esme tried to support him, "you're okay now" she sobbed holding him tight.

Keith laid still barely able to move. Life had beat him so badly he forgot how to stand up. He trembled violently as he found the strength he didn't have to move.

Kaya wiped away her tears putting on a brave face, "let's go before they start asking questions" she whispered nudging him.

The ship was unusually quiet, it was empty and hallow like his body under the velvet sky. The ocean roared and yawned peacefully below covering the earth with it blues.

Keith said nothing as he followed Kaya. His legs and body moved stiffly, like a plane on automatic he moved robotically. Somewhere over the ledge he had lost his heart.

Kaya's hand trembled as she led her husband back to their cabin so they could talk privately.

Heaviness wrapped around the room like slave chains around their neck. There was so much that Keith needed to process tonight.

There are several synonyms in the English dictionary to describe Keith's heartbreak but nothing was more powerful than his tears.

Keith paced around the room quietly as Kaya took a seat. No one spoke as they accessed the damage.

Kaya sniffled holding her head down, "I'm sorry" she whispered unable to look him in the eye.

Tears spilled over like spoils in Keith's hazel eyes as allowed himself to feel, for the first time since he had heard the news.

His eyes twitched as he grinned angrily, "IM SORRY?! THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?" he screamed kicking over a basket.

Kaya flinched startled by his anger.

Keith pointed at himself, "do you know how it feels? Do you know what a corroded heart feels like? Do you know how much you've hurts me?" he sobbed.

He fell to his knees like a king who had fallen from the stars. At this moment he was afraid to be a man who cried, emotions rocked his soul nauseously as he glared at his wife.

All Keith felt between the shivering stab of betrayal brushing him until he felt numb. Under all of that was anger.

He covered his face to hide the rivers that poured from his daunting face as he broke down.

"Kaya who are you?" he asked devastated, crawling over to his wife.  He laid his head on her leg, "why couldn't you have been honest?" he hiccuped between sobs.

Keith was shattering in his anguish, it felt like someone had taken a metal bat and smashed his rib cage in with one blow, leaving bones and fragments protruding out of his ice red heart.

His deep slow breaths were like a dreamy sadness that wavered with calmly and eery mist. It felt worse than physical trauma like every bone inside of him was breaking.

He felt tender, vulnerable and pathetic for being a fool in a game he could never win.

Keith's hazel eyes opened widely letting the rivers of hurt and misery flow down his nose and onto his lips. He coughed and wheezed like an old dog dying next to a soldier. The sadness was like a good Sam Smith song, playing on an endless loop within his mind.

Keith swallowed hard to keep from choking as each moment became more and more excruciating to think about.

"Keith please, I never meant to hurt you. I just knew that if I told you, you would leave me," Kaya babbled on.