Chapter 4 - Actual stalker

-

🍣

Her | Him

"This is Holvan's Sushi hotline, how may I help you?"

"It's me again, er, the girl who kinda screamed at you down the phone last night. I just wanted to apologise about yesterday,"

"Oh hey, don't worry about it"

"Normally Sara is at the top of my phone recents so I didn't check and just clicked on it by accident not realising, I didn't mean to shout I was just ang-"

-
Without Sara beside me, I didn't realise how quickly I fell into rambling my words
-

"We all make mistakes so don't worry"
"Is your friend okay?"

"Yeah she's okay now, she was just an idiot that ignored everything I told her not to do,"

-
I definitely heard a relaxed laugh in the background. It was nice to talk to someone else apart from Sara. But I'm not great at socialising, talking in person just doesn't come naturally to me as it does to her. But over the phone, it felt different. There was no judgment.
Also, I could hang up at any time I wanted to end the conversation.
-

"So, do you work at Holvan's Sushi like every day. I've called for the past 4 days and you've seemed to have answered all of my calls?"

-
I desperately tried to ignore the fact I sounded like an actual stalker.
-

"Yeah, I work every day, 5-8pm.  I'm the only one who works on the Hotline, well unless I'm away then someone will take over."

"How do you have time to work a full job?!"

"It helps that I live in the street next to the restaurant,"

"How did you start working there? I mean did you just wake up and be like yo I wanna work in a Sushi restaurant, cause I mean, I definitely would. I love sushi."

"Holvan is my best friends grandfather so when I said I desperately needed a job, they found me one"

"Oh my god! You know the actual owner of the place! That's so cool! I love Holvan's it's been my favourite place for years!"

"I'll tell him you're a regular customer, maybe I can get you a discount,"

"Oh my gosh, that would be amazing."
-
I laughed with excitement.
-
"Also it's so nice of your friend to get you that job. My best friend is a dumb ass who gets in the way and blabs everything to everyone"

"I'm guessing this is Sara you're talking about"

"Yup"

"I'm sure she's not that bad..."

"Remember the past few days? Everything she does seems to be to embarrass me"

"Maybe you're right,"

-
A pause hung in the air as we both waited for each other to start.
I had spent the last 4 evenings talking to this mysterious Hotline voice, which made me stop and think just how creepy this was. I knew nothing about him, no age, no name.
So I plucked up the courage and spoke first.
-

"Hey, erm just wondering if I could catch your-"

"Sorry! I have to go, my Boss is shouting, it was nice talking to you!"

"-Name.."

--------------

Hiya readers!

Sometimes I write authors notes, sometimes I don't. If I don't it's cause I don't have anything to say. But I hope you're enjoying the hotline book so far. It should be a nice quick easy book to read.

I'll let you carry on
-AMG