[1] TODOROKI

TODOROKI, CRANES

TODOROKI, CRANES

todoroki shōto eyes the papercrane before him in confusion

todoroki shōto eyes the papercrane before him in confusion. he doesn't remember asking someone to make one for him, nor does he remember leaving it on his table. maybe someone left it on his desk.

he just entered the classroom, to take a bottle of water which he forgot, and plans to return back to class, which is sparring, this time.

he takes the papercrane from his wooden desk and flips it over, inspecting it. he knows nothing about origami, nor does he plan on learning anything about it. but he is curious. how does a simple paper turn into something this beautiful? the con about this beauty is how much it's fragile. things like these makes todoroki insecure.

he glances at his free palmーhis palm where his flames are releasedーand deepens his frown. he isn't worthy of touching such a fragile masterpiece. he drops the papercrane back to the table but pauses when he spots a black marking by the side of the origami.

he hesitantly lifts it up, turning it to the side.

you were great out there!
well, you're always great,
but you know what i mean!

todoroki furrows his eyebrows. is this for him? or was the crane misplaced? he twists it again to the side and spots another writing.

todoroki-san, i saw your
spar against kirishima-kun!

this seems to be the first writing written in the papercrane, although there is the same blank ink hovering it, as if it was scratched. todoroki's eyes glimmer in amusement.

"i shouldn't have done that!" a voice shrieks from outside the classroom. "how stupid of me!"

todoroki turns to where the voice had come from, eyes focusing on the door. the sliding door opens, revealing someone quite familiar in his eyes; [surname] [name], from class 1b, if he remembers correctly.

the two freeze, mostly [name], as they seem to be caught red-handed. in their hands are another group of papercranes, scribbles scratched in black marker being used as its decoration.

ah, [name] was the one who left the cranes?

[name]'s cheeks turns red, the cranes in their hands suddenly unfolding whilst turning into bright red. their face looks exactly like the papers they are holding. "toーtodoroki-san, greetings!"

todoroki looks confused. is [surname] this formal?

[name] thinks of what their friends told them when they catch todoroki alone. they remember getting told to confess immediately. but isn't that a little too quick? but this may be a once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

"[surname]ー"

"todoroki-san!" [name] suddenly stutters out. "i've known you from junior high but we never got a chance to talk since todoroki-san is very hard to approach and we never have been in the same class. but todoroki-san, iーi liー. . ."

"su . . .[1]?"

"beautiful[2]!"

"beautiful?"

[name]'s face turn into a darker shade of red, lines suddenly appearing against their skin, peeling off, only to reveal blank paper. their skin is slowly turning into paper, making todoroki's eyes widen a bit.

"soーsorry!" [name] apologizes. "this always happens when i'm embarrassed; my quirk goes out of control!"

"your quirk?" todoroki seems to be curious.

[name] nods sheepishly. "i can manipulate paper and conjure it from my body," they elaborate.

there is a moment of silence before [name] notices a small wound on todoroki's cheek, no doubt because of his spar with kirishima. they hesitantly approach todoroki, stretching out their arm to conjure a bandaid, plain white. the bandaid plants itself to todoroki's cheek.

"todoroki-san," [name] calls out, "i will win you over, so please consider my feelings and accept these flowers!"

they bow and thrust their arms, hands suddenly creating a bouquet of roses made of paper, yet still looks very genuine, if you push aside the lines indicating that it is simply paper that it patched up and its plain white color.

todoroki accepts the bouquet before [name] bows again and leaves. "thank you for considering my feelings, todoroki-san!"

as todoroki observes the paper bouquet before him, he cocks his head. [name] spoke of considering their feelings.

what feelings did he have to consider again?

[i.] confessing in japanese is saying 'suki desu' or in the lines of that. so whilst [name] was confessing, they were saying, "su-su..." because they weren't able to confess.

[ii.] the japanese of beautiful is 'suteki' which [name] used as an exit to their almost-confession

[+.] todoroki didn't know what feelings he had to consider since, technically, [name] didn't confess.

[+.] the reader's quirk is based off of konan of naruto's jutsu