56-One Crazy Thing

That night, I thought over things.

Well, I wrote it down, rather.

1: Bill is "dead"
2: I can't find him
3: I'm sad without him
4: The necklace lets others know that he existed
5: Is the necklace...part of him? Something he wore?
6: What is the necklace?
7: I have a deal Bill has to fulfill for me. One crazy thing he can do.

Possibilities for the deal:

Come back from the dead
Come back to Piedmont if you're not dead
Come home
Give your location
Teleport me to wherever you are-even at the risk of destroying the dimension.
Let me know how to find you

I think the list was a good one. I remember the conversation that I gained this crazy thing in, too.

"Hey kid!" Bill walked up to me in the hall, ten minutes before class begun.

"Hey Bill. What is it this time?"

"I was thinking-you should switch from French to Latin! That way, I could teach you some spells!"

"Wait...you're not pulling my leg, are you?"

"Nope! C'mon kid, what do you say? We could even make this a deal. In return I'll do one crazy thing. Whatever you want."

"Deal." I said quickly, not wanting to pass up the opportunity to embarrass him.

He took my hand and shook it, a small, barely noticeable blue flame seeping in between our hands.

And he taught me no magic, but I did transfer to Latin.

He had to do-for me-one crazy thing.

In an undisclosed, secret location...

"ASTER! YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!"

"What?!" Aster shouted. "Will the Great One love me for my sacrifice of existence, at the very least?"

"YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO TAKE CARE OF OUR NEW GODLY BEING GUEST!"

"I request the help of Firestone."

"VERY WELL."

And so, Aster found Firestone and went to take care of their new, powerful guest.