06 | Deal?

"What the hell do you mean?"

"I mean," Jimin paused, probably for dramatic effect. "Leave."

Your lips twitched, and you leaned back against the couch with an amused smile. "And why exactly should I do that?"

"Because I need my weekly dose of fuck," he explained. "And it's a little hard to convince a girl to come over to your pace when you have another uninvited guest living on the house."

"I'm not an uninvited guest." You rolled your eyes. "And, anyway, it's not like you can't go to her place or something, anyway. You think she wants to fuck in a house where another potentially interested female dumps on a daily basis?"

"Dumps? Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "And did you just assume my sexuality?"

"So you're not straight?"

"I am, but that's not the point." He huffed, flicking his silvery hair out of his eyes. "You shouldn't ever assume someone's sexuality."

That left you perplexed—not because what he had said was wrong, necessarily, but because what he'd said wasn't like him. "Did you just ask me not to assume someone's sexuality?"

He leaned his palms against the counter, frowning down at his reflection in the spotless reflective surface of the top. "Trust me, it sucks the other way round too. Especially when you want to get it with a girl who turns out to have an opposing sexual preference."

"That makes sense."

He raised his eyebrows at you, bemused and amused at the same time. "What do you think I am? A mindless and horny teenager?"

You shrugged. "It works the same way you assume me to be another inexperienced university girl who just wants to date someone already."

"Well, aren't you?"

"I am, but that's not the point," you said reluctantly, mirroring his earlier statement. "Don't look at me like that; it's not a bad thing to be."

It was the wrong thing to say, but in that moment, you didn't see it. For someone who had lived his life never having been exposed to someone like that, it was guessable that Jimin would find that equal parts intriguing and hilarious.

He laughed, and shook his head as he turned away from your annoyed gaze. "You know, you're not half bad."

"Nicely observed," you muttered.

Again, he shook his head, the waves of soft silvery hair brushing the tops of his eyebrows gently, exposing slivers of his forehead and basically infuriating the heck out of you. Jimin folded his arms across his chest and smiled at you, not exactly the full one, but the one that dangled just out of reach.

"What?"

"Taehyung," he said, matter-of-factly, raising a hand a little higher into the air in the manner of someone explaining a PowerPoint presentation. "He's not someone you would want to fuck with."

You sighed heavily, tapping your fingertips absentmindedly against the side of your thigh. "I don't see how that's relevant, but by all means, go on."

He sighed. "I'm saying this as your roommate and not a fuckboy. Taehyung...he may seem nice enough, but he's worse than our kind." He regarded you seriously, as if he was some special breed of fuckboy.

Maybe fiction is true after all.

"Yeah, that doesn't make much sense," you said, distantly studying the thin, slightly paler line on your wrist from where you wore a wristwatch. "I never said I wanted to fuck with him."